New Zealand

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone ever done any arboricultural work in NZ? was wondering if their legislation/standards/methods are different to the UK. I here theres a skills shortage out there.
spent 4 yrs out their doing tree work and they have their own style and are very good at large takedowns.english climbers are very sought after for lots of reasons as they dont have the NPTC set up,well they do but its only available at 2 colleges which only have longterm courses.

a great place to work and the social side of treecare is a big thing out their.i think things are changing regarding the training.

so so so many trees and so so many beautiful trees a fantastic place to work i highly recommend it m8

how do you even start to look at a career move to new zealand. It does have an appeal. I hear good things about the rate of pay but many arborists soon say thats a myth.
the money can be gd if your gd they dont mind paying a gd wage if they know your a gd arborist but it takes a wee while to find ya feet unless you know someone in the know.its the lifestyle that you cant put price on

I finish an ND in Arb in July next year and will come out with CS 30, 31, 38 and 39. Do you know if anyone out there would take on somebody with those sort of credentials or do they look for more experience?

experience is everything out their m8 but you will def get a start

.english climbers are very sought after for lots of reasons as they dont have the NPTC set up,m8

I don't agree with you there mate.Brittish make up the bulk of Arborists that immigrate to NZ.As a rule they don't have the experiance in large tree removals that commands top dollar.

Reduction and thinning as you know it in the UK are a very small part of the Tree industry in New Zealand.

Head out there and have a look by all means,the style of work changes slightly from one City or Island to the next.

If you have your HGV then you will be along way ahead as much of the kit is bigger than in the UK.