Which Hedge cutter?

lawranced1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echo(bearcat) parts come through countax and are easy to get hold of:001_smile:

Not so; Countax ditched echo 2 years ago thru borrowing difficulties so Ariens picked them up and have barely been able to supply a part since. I know; I have many on order - still in Japan.

This is all whilst Echo merged with Shindaiwa to form Yamabiko corporation, formerly Kioritz. Effectively Echo bought Shindaiwa and the plonkers at Ariens decided Shindaiwa was the brand to push in the UK rather than Echo so now we're waiting for them to undo the infrastructure they wasted 3 years setting up the wrong way round.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

• 1 month later...
I have Kawasaki hedgetrimmers which i brought new off a company on Ebay, I paid £315 for a new, double sided long reach two years ago and it has been execellant, never let me down and very clean cuttting, same for their brushcutters. would defo buy one over a stihl, bit lighter too, important when your holding the thing for hours on end.

i' got a second hand Kawasaki 600 off eBay, apart from the stupid breather cap leaking, no problems, it's great.

i don't know why they have them , i have a makita long reach and that has a normal cap.:thumbup:

about a month ago bought a stihl hs81r 30inch one tought is was going to by a good buy as only paying 540 for that ans as ms170 for a cheap saw to stick next to the chipper the hs81 its the worst hedge trimmer ive ever use pile of dog muck seem to allways to be pulling down your front arm puttint strane on it very under powered as only 22cc why and the stihl diy one thats smaller have 27 cc engine for is beon me cone to a bit thats thicker than a penclie and you have to let it chew its way tough cant wait into i replace the dam thing befor that i used a oleo-mac ht27l got to say fab i had it six year bashed it about and why i replaced it was the throttle started to get stuck on wish i bought one of these again and they cheep as chips around 260 mark and very well balenced and well bulit + echo are fab trimmers to