Free Lance Climber!! Maybe???

Redsquirrel84

Hi all, thinking of making the leap from employed to free lance.

Feel im good enough, just not sure if theres enough work out there to keep the wolf from the door. I'm based in birmingham and wouldn't mind traveling!

Would love to hear from current free lancers, And of course companies actively looking for experienced climbers to help them on the odd job!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If i was you i would get your name out to companies first and find out if they would be willing to give you some days here and there. Its not easy being freelance and you need a good base of contacts that you know will call you often. I am freelancing and although sometimes i am working every day for a month, the month after i could have only 1 or 2 days a week. On the positive side though it is great being so free and meeting/working with different people all the time and seeing how people approach different situations in our industry and learning from it.

All in all i would be happy to do this for the rest of my climbing career but if you have kids and a lot of bills hanging over your head then think long and hard about it cos nothing is guaranteed.

Good Luck and stay off my patch :lol:

Go for it, I do a bit between my own jobs to keep the cash flow going, and always end up doing a few days then they want me at least a few days most weeks, which can get a bit tricky. If you can get in with a few companies and impress then you should have no worries keeping busy.

i do the odd bit of freelancing in the same area as yourself and it gets me the odd day hear and there to fill the diary in, but i don't gun for it as i also run my own buisness.

if you pm me your details, experience and rates etc and if i ever need a extra climber or a break for myself ill bear you in mind:thumbup1: