CS30 and 31 for a 17 year old?

I have been trying to get on a chainsaw course for the summer holidays but I keep getting told I can't because I am either too young or have not got enough experience. I have been using chainsaws since I was 15 years old and now run a small firewood business. None of this seems to affect the outcome. So far I have tried Hadlow, Plumpton and Kingswood but have not got a positive reply yet. Can anyone offer me any help or places that will accept me?

Thanks

James

Got this from the NPTC website, 16 is the min age. Plus i thought the course was aimed at people with none or little experience as long as your fit and healthy, well thats what i was told.

So i would go back to the places where you contacted and say the assement sheet says 16 so why can't you attend the courses.

cs31_assessment_schedule_june_2010_v2.pdf

Yeah I can't understand it either. I was supposed to do one at Hadlow in the Easter half term but they rang up a couple of weeks before and said they wouldn't let me do the combined one because I can't have enough experience due to my age. I have just got a reply from Kingswood who said they would give me one but I would have to pay £730 for the combined one. Whereas Hadlow said I would only have to pay for the assessment costs because I am under 19 and in full time education.

plumpton deffinately do the training at 16 as half my class are 16

but it depends which satff are doing what at the time as allot of the summer course are for adults i think and the 12 week course is on at the moment and thats deffinately an adult course

I have been trying to get on a chainsaw course for the summer holidays but I keep getting told I can't because I am either too young or have not got enough experience. I have been using chainsaws since I was 15 years old and now run a small firewood business. None of this seems to affect the outcome. So far I have tried Hadlow, Plumpton and Kingswood but have not got a positive reply yet. Can anyone offer me any help or places that will accept me?

Thanks

James

PM Gollum on here he will advise you and he's in Kent