Holder Tractors

Chris Sheppard

I love them ,only proplem with the older engines A 50 /60 /65 bits are hard to find , the engine was built in house , for example holder pistons are £450 each , ive got some holders and if you service them they will treat you ok nothing wrong with the engine, as bits are not cheap people tend to take them to the edge then get rid The trouble i find with a lot of the smaller alpines is plenty of horses but not the weight .Holders do come up for sale if they do i buy them wanted or not ,of course at the right price .

188.jpg.de27cde0b80aa27b8a88d9f0f57a5c66.jpg

59765b9ac55bd_suttonfen05021.jpg.dd56a21aed8e4f9dc839b2c53f830165.jpg

11122009464.jpg.fbd85e6f9549ad455a16b9c31bc7d352.jpg

08122009450.jpg.90eae47f0b77e18fa3c78f72e0ba2506.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg.34dc98f48876cb56410e3d2de4a74f14.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love them ,only proplem with the older engines A 50 /60 /65 bits are hard to find , the engine was built in house , for example holder pistons are £450 each , ive got some holders and if you service them they will treat you ok nothing wrong with the engine, as bits are not cheap people tend to take them to the edge then get rid The trouble i find with a lot of the smaller alpines is plenty of horses but not the weight .Holders do come up for sale if they do i buy them wanted or not ,of course at the right price .

That's all useful stuff to know. That's exactly my thought on the alpines - great on the rigth job, but for what I want it for I'd need a big one, or something like the holder :thumbup1:

You didn't happen to sell one liek in the pic to a guy called jason down in Wiltshire in the last couple of years?

Had ours for 9 years and never let us down.It's got a 3ton double drum igland winch and front blade.Just the job for thinnings ,[ATTACH]68203[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68204[/ATTACH]

That looks just the job :thumbup1: My thinking is it would handle the 4 tonne trailer nicely too

Very nice, those big flotation tyres must cost a packet?

Pity that Holder seem to be almost entirely aimed at municipal markets now.

I keep an eye on Agriaffaires, Tractorpool etc., A60s &c still fetch stupid money on the continent.

OH come to think about it i do know where it came from it was from a chap just over the border in suffolk he sold 2 one down south and i had the other one mine was in boxes as the g/box had gone ,there was 1 more there a sprayer conversion . a firm in linconshire converted 16 green a60's to boom sprayers in the 80's he was trying to sell it , but bit might still be there it dont take much to turn them back to a standard holder

there was also one sprayer - booms for sale in a yard not far from here i saw it last year

in east derham . most of the sprayers went on to be converted to shooting brakes