Right or wrong?

skyhuck

That was the same principle my foresty nd arb teacher taught me, no matter what leave your wood ( worksite ) tidy, To sustain a premium service you have to be anal with your clean up, If i dont get told, it is cleaner than when you got here, i get twitchy, and start picking leaves up as i walk out the garden, but thats the joys of being climber owner and on every job, job is done till i know that i shouldnt have a problem getting paid

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only corners cut might be fellin a tree when prod should be climbed.... have been known to stop traffic on road and fell trees in the road... but anything else is done to highest standards... and i'm very very fussy on clearing up... drives my ladds mad when i make em get blower back off truck if i spot a few twiggs or bit wood chip on drive.. even after customers paid up and happy.... old boy i used to do bit work for 20 yrs ago said 90% of customers wont have clue if you've reduced or reshaped their tree properely but they will no if you've cleared there garden up properly and i drum that into any new groundsman when they start... we obviously try to do trees properly too though...

Yeah you should get the blower and do it your self.:laugh1:

Fair enough if the lads want to work the hours and like getting the money.:thumbup1:

I always though that if I have to work stupid hours continuously I would take a long hard look at my life and life style and change it accordingly.

Im not a lazy bugger but Im certainly not going to work myself into the ground.:thumbup1:

Besides everyone says/thinks they work damn hard.:laugh1:

Yeah you should get the blower and do it your self.:laugh1:

Fair enough if the lads want to work the hours and like getting the money.:thumbup1:

I always though that if I have to work stupid hours continuously I would take a long hard look at my life and life style and change it accordingly.

Im not a lazy bugger but Im certainly not going to work myself into the ground.:thumbup1:

Besides everyone says/thinks they work damn hard.:laugh1:

i pay them to work.. they no how i like the work done and if they dont do it properly i'll make em do it again.. they like any other worker are easy to hold there hand out on a friday or turn up in mornin expectin a days work... i have a full time job running round pricing work, picking money up and driving a skip lorry.. not to mention running the farm.. would you have a dog and stand there barking yourself????

i appreciate what they do and they no i do.. they also seriously appreciate what i do for them.. all 3 have worked for me for over 9 yrs now and 2 thought the grass was greener on other side.. only for few months mind u... then they came back.. with less money and longer hours for a while.. i will always find the 2 younger ladds work.. if theres no tree work on there processing logs.. 7 days week if they want till midnight if they really want...

my lads are just coming round to that idea Nick.

Two of em have asked if they can come in on saturday to process logs.

Can't bring myself to do actual work on a sunday though, ( i don't class quoting, collecting, servicing, office crap as "proper" work :lol: )

i pay them to work.. they no how i like the work done and if they dont do it properly i'll make em do it again.. they like any other worker are easy to hold there hand out on a friday or turn up in mornin expectin a days work... i have a full time job running round pricing work, picking money up and driving a skip lorry.. not to mention running the farm.. would you have a dog and stand there barking yourself????

Hey I'm that dog!!!:laugh1:

Dont worry I do the same to but instead of running the farm I do the climbing and dragging.

My truck is a skip.:laugh1: