Vented bulk bags (co-operative)

Tom D

I have long been looking for a solution to the problem of handling logs once: ie splitting them streight into a container and leaving them there untill sold. I currently sell in bulk bags but have to leave the logs to dry before filling them. I want to be able to pay the "splitters" by the bag to avoid any slacking (i'm a tight git ) also double handling is never a good idea. Although there are some vented bags on the market they are very expensive £8 - 9.

I have found a bag manufacturer who can make a ventilated bag for around the £4.50 mark which i think is ok as i would charge the customer a deposit against a bag returns. To get this price, or possibly even better, I need to order a lot. I am currently awaiting a sample.

If the sample is ok who would be interested in some bags? I would pass them on at cost price plus carrige. The more takers the cheaper the price.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom,

I've been looking at the same thing to get round my lack of flat space issue (aahh the joy of living on a hillside!). I've managed to come up with a local supplier that will do them at £5.60 + Vat if you order more than 100 (already have orders for about 80).

What size are the bags you've sourced? How are the loops positioned? - the one issue that I have with the bags I've got. I prefer sleeves (to 4 top corner mounted loops) for moving by forklift / holding open when filling.

I'd be interested in the bags you've found, keep me posted please.

Bags I've got are on:

http://www.bagsupplies.com/ventedlogbags.htm

:001_tt1:

Tom,

I've been looking at the same thing to get round my lack of flat space issue (aahh the joy of living on a hillside!). I've managed to come up with a local supplier that will do them at £5.60 + Vat if you order more than 100 (already have orders for about 80).

What size are the bags you've sourced? How are the loops positioned? - the one issue that I have with the bags I've got. I prefer sleeves (to 4 top corner mounted loops) for moving by forklift / holding open when filling.

I'd be interested in the bags you've found, keep me posted please.

Bags I've got are on:

http://www.bagsupplies.com/ventedlogbags.htm

:001_tt1:

I have seen those ones, i thought they looked a bit flimsy, are they ok? the ones I'm looking at are just like a standard bulk bag but the material has slits in it. The slits are 1/2 inch wide and there are 20 or so on each side. I'll post a pic when it arrives

I was a bit dubious on the mesh sides but they'll take 500 kg of wet oak and be stacked without problem yet. They seem fairly snag resistant on the white sides (also vented but not as much as the mesh sides), have yet to rip / split one.

Have only stacked them 2 high, may try 3 high if I can get them stable enough and a loader that'll reach.

Looking forward to the pictures.

i've got 200 from bag supplies in cumbria and paid £6.50 i think including delivery each.

had some for 2 years+ now and have ripped some....BUT once ripped they will not carryon ripping like one ton sacks do.

the worst thing to break on them is the loops at the bottom

i think these bags are excellent and work really well

i would be intrested in trying a sample of the others and would test them to my working senarios but they woul have to be similar in design and size (m3)