Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

I'll be glad to see the back of it purely because it's very tiring having to chase my tail to keep up, even without any extra promotion. I knew it'd be like this but due to farming/livestock commitments wasn't able to prepare as well I would have liked.

I'm ready to get started now and be set up exactly how I want to maximise production and minimise time wasted during delivery season. Then I can push hard to get new customers lined up for next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

We've had a decent summer and orders are picking up now, I'm just a bit behind with cutting because I've been rebuilding our drying shed. 

I think overall all years balance out with good and bad periods but the same overall. I would like to be around 2000 cube this year and I expect we'll hit that, be nice to get the odd day off in the winter though. 

11 hours ago, william petts said:

Ah right, can you produproduce/sell more than that or are you at your limit for your current setup 

We're near our limit in the winter because we still have farm work as well, we could do slightly more but the novelty of cutting every day soon wears off. :-) 

We could sell more wholesale by stockpiling in the summer when we have more time to cut but I'm happy where we are and don't really want to go down the root of having someone here full time cutting firewood. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sales are strangely slow at the moment.  After steadily increasing year on year for the past five, our July and August volume is down by a third so far this year.

This isn’t helped by Gumtree, one of our major advertising options, playing silly beggars. As a business we are required to post (and pay) under Services rather than Stuff for Sale. This didn’t used to matter, anyone looking for firewood under All Categories would see both Sales and Services, but in their wisdom they have decided that in order to see goods for sale in Services you have to choose that category. Looking for firewood for sale brings up only those adverts in the free Stuff for Sale category. Most buyers, I suspect, won't bother looking for logs under Services.

At least, this is the case if you use a PC. Phones and tablets, both Android and Apple, still show all categories. Logic, or what?

So, much more Facebook advertising.  What does everybody else use?

• Like 1