Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

Starting to pick up a bit now, which is fine for now, got harvest to finish first before I want to be busy delivering.
Currently rely on word of mouth, but crucially it's from the stove fitters themselves and we get a good portion of their customers from day one, just need to keep them happy and we're fine.

Will however be doing sone Facebook ads, it's excellent value for money if you target it to the right audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up to about 20 cube a week now which is good for the time of year although it is a bit awkward with other jobs to do. 

Local magazines is how we started, now it's mostly word of mouth but we also have a website and Facebook page which get a suprising amount of people. 

Tried local press and "free" magazines, but find their advertising rates extortionate and response very poor. I think most people now turn to the internet as a matter of course, and we have found that most of our new sales come from Gumtree and Facebook. The bulk of our business is now repeat orders from existing clients, but to keep growing we need a steady supply of new ones as well. Luckily the "lifestyle choice" woodburner market shows little sign of slowing, so we should be OK!  The idea of linking with installers is a good one, we'll need to pay it more attention

This time of year we tend to see some folk offering logs at a ridiculously low price, but they will soon sell out and leave the field to those with a more realistic sense of value.

The drying shed floors are going to be covered in barley for the next month or so, just hope the maltsters get their finger out and shift it promptly for a change.  Luckily the log bays are all full, so when the orders do pick up we're prepared.

Roll on winter!

11 hours ago, Bogieman said:

The drying shed floors are going to be covered in barley for the next month or so, just hope the maltsters get their finger out and shift it promptly for a change.  Luckily the log bays are all full, so when the orders do pick up we're prepared.

Roll on winter!

Ever thought about selling moonshine? My uncle makes his own homebrew beer and spirits, gives me a few bottles of Poitin which I pass onto friends and the like who then plague me to get them more, offer to pay serious money too!

• Like 1

Most of the time we spread the logs out on the floors for final seasoning, but around harvest every square foot is needed for dumping grain before it is either loaded onto lorries or goes through the driers. Hopefully it doesn't need drying and gets lifted promptly, but usually we have around a month of disruption to the firewood side. A bit of  light aggro between the arable side and the firewood business!

• 5 weeks later...