Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

Yep changes with the wind. Good for you will you up production for2015/16 season. We're buying in everything we can and stacking it in a field

Hi mate you put a field around SOMERSET THEN IT WILL MOVE THEY WILL TAKE THE LOT THEN WERES YOUR MONEY IT GONE 😘😘😘owell thanks Jon 👍👍👍

Why should there be any link between the cost of oil and the cost of cord? Other than haulage should be cheaper and the chainsaw oil as well for the guys cutting the trees down......

When oil was shooting up through the roof, cord prices didn't particularly mirror that?

The fact is that if other sources of fuel are cheaper, then people who have multiple options for heating their house, can choose which they want to use. Those that have woodburning stoves as an aesthetic improvement to the ambience of their house will still burn the same amount of wood irrespective of the outside temperature as their central heating will just have less to do.

Why should there be any link between the cost of oil and the cost of cord? Other than haulage should be cheaper and the chainsaw oil as well for the guys cutting the trees down......

When oil was shooting up through the roof, cord prices didn't particularly mirror that?

The fact is that if other sources of fuel are cheaper, then people who have multiple options for heating their house, can choose which they want to use. Those that have woodburning stoves as an aesthetic improvement to the ambience of their house will still burn the same amount of wood irrespective of the outside temperature as their central heating will just have less to do.

There is not a direct correlation between oil and cord price but the more savvy customer who heats his house with both will flick the switch rather than light the fire.

The price of cord will start to drop as we have had two mild winters after a boom year in firewood so there is an abundance of cord at the moment will it stop low I don't think so. It's not going to make much difference to us we source cord cheep but pay a hefty price on transport.

Hi mate you put a field around SOMERSET THEN IT WILL MOVE THEY WILL TAKE THE LOT THEN WERES YOUR MONEY IT GONE 😘😘😘owell thanks Jon 👍👍👍

They would have to have lifting gear plus risk the raff of two Staffs plus it's in between two houses that would not take kindly to people pinching my cord. :sneaky2:

Is your yard not by your house jon

There is not a direct correlation between oil and cord price but the more savvy customer who heats his house with both will flick the switch rather than light the fire.

Bang on................with Heating Oil, heading below 35ppl and lower - most will

They will use the Oil CH on a day to day basis, with maybe a token lighting of the woodburner on a weekend to 'feel cosy'

As Heating Oil price continues to fall, more will keep filling up their tanks and burning it, over 'messing with wood' for a fire

So there will be more wood available and it'll sit in stock, unsold

HI ALL EON PRICES DOWN 3% DOWN :lol:THANKS JON

An alternative view is that with CH oil being cheaper, folk will have more left over for luxuries like logs. This assumes that the log buyers are shopping for the effect rather than calorific heat output of the firewood - which obviously isn't the case if they are using them as their main source of heat / hw.

IME folk who use wood to exclusively heat their homes, or who have systems which can use oil/logs/pellets/solar depending on season/cost, don't buy their firewood from the £100 a cube merchants.

If I didn't source, process and season my own firewood, I'd have to either pay full retail price from Logs'n'Stuff or more likely, find one of the cash-in-hand boys he doesn't like :001_tt2:

An alternative view is that with CH oil being cheaper, folk will have more left over for luxuries like logs. This assumes that the log buyers are shopping for the effect rather than calorific heat output of the firewood - which obviously isn't the case if they are using them as their main source of heat / hw.

IME folk who use wood to exclusively heat their homes, or who have systems which can use oil/logs/pellets/solar depending on season/cost, don't buy their firewood from the £100 a cube merchants.

If I didn't source, process and season my own firewood, I'd have to either pay full retail price from Logs'n'Stuff or more likely, find one of the cash-in-hand boys he doesn't like :001_tt2:

You would be surprised at how many people heat there homes with just firewood one old girl gets us to deliver ours then a lad down the road from her comes with wood that's a bit green he stacks his then ours .

She keeps telling me he might learn something well stacking ours. Can just imagine him grumbling well stacking ours .