Variation on a theme......

David Humphries

• 2 weeks later...

Today, we have a selection from the mycorrhizal Amanita group.

A. fulva - the Tawny Grisette

A. phalloides - the Death Cap

A. rubescens - the Blusher

A. citrina - the False death Cap

A. pantherina - the Panther Cap

A. echinocephala - the Solitary Amanita

A. muscaria - the Fly Agaric

David,

If you want to, I can add photo's of another 8 species of Amanita to your selection. By the way, there is one species of Amanita, which (probably) is saprotrophic : Amanita inopinata.

David,

If you want to, I can add photo's of another 8 species of Amanita to your selection. By the way, there is one species of Amanita, which (probably) is saprotrophic : Amanita inopinata.

For another 8 ectomycorrhizal species of Amanita, see : Keizer's fungus guide. And there is one species of Amanita, which (probably) is saprotrophic : Amanita inopinata.

Only just seen this today Gerrit.

Feel free to add what ever you like to any of my threads, they're in no way exclusive.

The more, the merrier :001_smile:

Only just seen this today Gerrit.

Feel free to add what ever you like to any of my threads, they're in no way exclusive.

The more, the merrier

that goes for my threads too:thumbup1:

I was thinking after these aminita posts we should get the myco part of the directory up a bit.:001_rolleyes:

I know monkey, I am a pest, but eventually you will give in!:lol:

The force is just too strong in me!:star:

• 1 month later...

A few of the mycorrhizal Russula species...........

R. fragilis - Fragile brittlegill

R. nigricans - Blackening brittlegill

R. atropupurea - Purple brittlegill

R. ochroleuca - Ochre brittlegill

R. parazurea - Powdery brittlegill

this genus is pretty hard to identify as there is such a large range of similar species within the Genus.

The following shots, I've listed above due to habitat, known historical association & colour of cap, gills & stem.

I haven't carried out any spore prints or microscopic works :001_rolleyes::biggrin:

i822.jpg.321fdd7f6420b6859f106cbfb889c4b2.jpg

i812.jpg.f5ffbf3af55d3755ff0480b79c86651a.jpg

i826.jpg.c9cd5d01729bfcda03351f27e9e7d012.jpg

i796.jpg.017b32371c218d6c0e099075bfc2f8a7.jpg

i815.jpg.c0b291962d840eeb1e1c2447872b3be9.jpg

R. fragilis - Fragile brittlegill

R. atropupurea

David,

Nice pictures :thumbup: ! Two remarks, the FB of R. fragilis looks far from fragile to me, so did you look for the characteristic serrate or "saw toothed" edge of the gills ? Did the small greenish FB to the left belong to the same species/mycelium ? If so and without the serrate margin of the gills, but with buttery and not crumbly gills instead, could it be R. cyanoxantha s.l. ? And it's R. atropurpurea.

Edited by Fungus
  • Like 1

David,

Nice pictures :thumbup: ! Two remarks, the FB of R. fragilis looks far from fragile to me, so did you look for the characteristic serrate or "saw toothed" edge of the gills ? Did the small greenish FB to the left belong to the same species/mycelium ? If so and without the serrate margin of the gills, but with buttery and not crumbly gills instead, could it be R. cyanoxantha s.l. ? And it's R. atropurpurea.

Like this one which was in the immeadiate vicinity as the one shown?

Also thanks for the correction. Again, spelt correct on the Gallery but slack on the post above.

IMG_5797.JPG.f0f41b4c195da8558c139949e0de5060.JPG