Husqvarna 353?

PhilBeech

Does anybody have any experience of this saw?

Did a search and it didn't pull much up.

I need a general purpose ground saw. Its either that or a MS250

I'd like a 357XP but can't afford that at the moment!

Ta, Phil

Never used one but from what I can gather, they are a bit like the 346XP but don't produce the same power or the same max revs.

I would make sure if you do get one that the rubber carb boot has rhe metal clip mod as this is the achillese heel of this range of saws.

Never used one but from what I can gather, they are a bit like the 346XP but don't produce the same power or the same max revs.

I would make sure if you do get one that the rubber carb boot has rhe metal clip mod as this is the achillese heel of this range of saws.

it looks exactly the same as the 346xp but no as powerful and the clutchcover isnt silver,

i would highly recomend a 346xp if you can afford one, its a fantastic saw

I've a 353 that's now around 7 years old and spent at least 4 of them working fairly hard in thinnings. It's startign to feel a bit tired now and is starting to show a few niggly problems but all in all it's been a fantastic little saw. Whilst it's not an XP like the 346, it was always classed in the super pro range (as it used to be called) and will do anythign a 346 will, but a bit cheaper and as the others have said, with a little less power.

I have used a silverside 346 a bit and to be honest I can't notice any real difference other than the silly starting bubble thing

I would say if the price is right, go for the 353 and you'll not be dissapointed