Bio fuel made from Rabbits

Pat Ferrett

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wot method/guns do you use to get so many? I typically bag 200+ per year.

I find the 22lr although quiet if I need to keep the noise down tends to make the others run away, whereas the HMR is noisy they just sit there waiting to be next. Ranges 22lr typical 85 yds and HMR 100+ yds

The bunnies on the farms/ golf + estates I shoot on are a bit jumpy. Haven't had much luck lamping so fitted a small NVS to the back of the 22lr scope - works well, bit fiddly. Found the HMR best on a golf course early say 4:00am, if I can get up.

Dogs love both the shooting and eating, the dog in the photo will pick up bunnies in the dark. Used to shoot squirrels by the hundred got 400+ a few yrs ago dog finally refused to eat any more.:lol:

I use .17 mach2 .17 hmr and .22 rf for rabbits. The ranges you mention are about right, picked up 148 last time I went out at night driving round with the suzuki jeep.

I could probably shoot between 500 and 1000 if I went out twice a day for a week, its just finding a buyer.

.22LR is good to 100m if you know what your doing. And no, I don't shoot that distance. .17s are a fashion/fad thing, they are too expensive for what they do in my case. A ton a night is standard from a Kubota with a three man team, keep changing your filters and you can get away without NV. Just me on foot/quad 50-75 depenndign on ground. Thats 10pm-1am or something like that. If I want more fun then set up in a little valley with .223/.22-250 varmint grenades and splat from afar. Can kill anything up to a 100 on the right day :)