writing out work contracts

cerneARB

Can anyone shed some ideas or some light on how to write out written contracts for tree jobs. After you have quoted a job and you get it what do you do next? Do you have a written contract, or do you have a verbal agreement.What do you have in it if you have one?

Its just that i have done a job and i feel (hypertheticaly) if i didnt get paid for it or more work was added and was not quoted for , this would make life very diffcult and confusing for me and the client.

Is it a good idea to have the job quoted wriiten out so there can be no question of what the job spec is and no confusion between the two parties.

Always list all the work your gonna undertake in a quote then everything is in black and white. If you dont some people can be right bastards and start adding stuff.

Also include your terms and conditions i.e payment time ect.

And if its a commercial job never start until you have confirmation in writing accepting your quote and conditions.

Always write clearly and concisely, if theres several trees in the garden, add a simple sketch showing what requires work. Write in whether or not you are removing waste, logging for firewood, or leaving in length. Terms and conditions should include reasonable payment time upon completion, eg 14 days. Maybe an idea to put that any extras above and beyond the original quotation will require an agreement as to the extra costing. I always try and keep everything as short as possible, so there is no misunderstanding as to what is meant, unlike this post.

Thanks guys for your advice.

Do you write them a quote on the spot or send one later when you have looked at the job?

i feel pressured when i have to make a decesion there and then, i like to mill the job over in my mind.I find it hard to think on my feet with a client hanging over me.

Thanks guys for your advice.

Do you write them a quote on the spot or send one later when you have looked at the job?

i feel pressured when i have to make a decesion there and then, i like to mill the job over in my mind.I find it hard to think on my feet with a client hanging over me.

On more complex jobs i always go back home and think before submitting a quote. It's too vital to be rushed or feel pressured into delivering it before you have formulated it. Take your time and be thorough