STEIN Push-Talk-Listen Communication System

Nigel

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the feed back Ian, you have proved that these are not just a communication system but a valid TIME SAVING peice of kit.

30-60 minuites saving on a job times across a year i guess they will pay for themselves in no-time.

Alot of the retailers now have these kits availble in their showrooms for demonstration, to find a local retailer visit our website www.fletcherstewart.co.uk

I used one of the prototypes at the AA Arb fair last year to communicate with a climber deadwooding a big tree on the site. With all the background noise there is no way we would have been able to communicate normally and I would have lost my voice by the end of the day. The PTT worked really great. The climber dropped the cable down the back of his T Shirt out of the way and the radio was storred in his leg pocket. It takes a bit of getting used to using there is a small delay in connection before you can start talking and you need to keep your finger on the button until you finish what you are saying. They are now also in left and right handed versions groundies might be better with a right handed one so they can still maintain the balance whilst holding a top handled saw, climbers might want a left handed version as the balance is on the trigger handle on a top handled saw. Of course you wouldn't still be using the saw one handed.

I'm using one too and it's great. In winter we do a fair bit of river clearance work with a 21ton slew with a cropper on. Often the driver is working blind but with the PTT I can direct him in to hold stuff before I start to cut. That way we don't lose trees down the river. In the slew he wears a modified pair of ear defenders with PTT. Nobody gets a sore throat and even if we don't make eye contact for hours we all know the job's being done safely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I finally got a chance to use my Stein PTT System after having to wait 4 months due to having elbow surgery back in Nov.

I can't say enough good things about them. Climbed this past Thurs. on a crane job and they worked fanrastic. I highly recommend them to everyone.

:thumbup1::thumbup1:

those people that bought them are they still in use and still working well??

Yeah still working well, not used very often but when they are their worth their weight in gold, my only gripe is its easy to knock them off channel or for the volume to turn down and keep meaning to buy a couple of bum bags to put the cb in.

Yeah still working well, not used very often but when they are their worth their weight in gold, my only gripe is its easy to knock them off channel or for the volume to turn down and keep meaning to buy a couple of bum bags to put the cb in.

i got my midland walkie talkies from maplins and they sell a pouch for them to sit in to keep them from gettimg damaged, you can lock most walkie talkies, i did recently use them when i was in london on bank holiday monday for some rail track work and they wer awesome , though i did get th accasional taxi driver cut in but you just change channels.

i bought them mainly for when im on the estate felling,proved really handy when winching and skidding the timber out:thumbup1:

oh and i got my headsets from jonesies so saved me hunting round for the best price

those people that bought them are they still in use and still working well??

We don't use them every day,

but we are pleased with ours Ian. :thumbup1:

You only need a handful of the right sort of jobs and they will pay for themselves.

Having used both these and Arborcoms, we found PTT radio headsets more useful for our needs.

The main thing being that you can add as many radios as you like depending on how many people need to be in communication on site.

We have 3 headsets and 2 pairs of radios, which is usually plenty.

If needed, I have several cheap 2-ways we use for shoot days that can be added in as well.

Just have to remember to charge them up the night before you want them ..... :blushing::laugh1: