Sunderland gardener killed himself by eating a yew tree

grim72

Tragic. Have a friend who killed herself last year. Stunned the whole town, still find it hard to get my head around. Looked up the video on youtube. Seemed like a really sound lad, definitely not the "type" to do something like this. Thoughts with his family and friends.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV-b3xUMQRE]YouTube - ‪ME DA‬‏[/ame]

i feel sorry for his famly it is very hard for them to cope with this letalone drespition in a member.

really sad news. i didn't realise yew berries (or any other part of the tree) could kill you, just thought they would make you ill....

some one through a carryer bag of cuttings into a field, the next day there were 16 dairy hefiers dead and they were in calf. they reconc that their was over half the yew left still. it is dangrous if you think 16 cows and from half a bag.

Cows and horses are particularly at risk but I was under impression that a human would not be able to stomach enough of it to kill themselves. i.e. you would throw up long before you became criticaly ill. Obviously thats not the case.

really sad news. i didn't realise yew berries (or any other part of the tree) could kill you, just thought they would make you ill....

the flesh on the berries is not poisonous, just suck the flesh off and spit out the seed, they're delicious. the foliage is deadly though. very sad that someone would take their life this way