My logs are famous!

AJR Firewood

Had the pleasure of seeing my loggys get their big break on TV last night :001_cool:. Volkswagen used our farm to film their '60 years of man with van' advert and low and behold whilst munching on my pudding in front of the TV last night, on came my logs!

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (UK) | Buy a VW van today

They appear for only a second or two but what the hell :001_tongue: - they're on the pick-up towards the end of the advert. Quite a nice advert actually...makes me want a VW :biggrin:

Fame at last, good for you.

I had a single VW in a fleet of 9 small Ford and Vauxhall vans ( 8/10 cwt size) that I ran for over 20 years. it broke down pretty well every month after about 80,000 miles, engine just stopped, dealer had it for up to 4 weeks a time looking for the fault and no replacement van from them !. The other two makes went to 300,000 miles with no issues at all. Had to beg the insurance to write it off when it had a repairable prange at 180,000. Never again.

A

I had a single VW in a fleet of 9 small Ford and Vauxhall vans ( 8/10 cwt size) that I ran for over 20 years. it broke down pretty well every month after about 80,000 miles, engine just stopped, dealer had it for up to 4 weeks a time looking for the fault and no replacement van from them !. The other two makes went to 300,000 miles with no issues at all. Had to beg the insurance to write it off when it had a repairable prange at 180,000. Never again.

A

Wow I have never heard of VW being unreliable before. You should have held on to that van for posterity:thumbup:

A

Its strange how different people have different experiences. The worst vehicle i owned was a new transit in 1995. The vauxhalls I had were ok and anything german has been superb.

Wow I have never heard of VW being unreliable before. You should have held on to that van for posterity:thumbup:

It was awful, problem was no one could find the problem. One occasion the dealer had it for four weeks, it was recovered back there. They played around with it and reconed they had fixed it, it broke down again 100 yards from their premises.

In the end it was a bad earth, hence the problem was intermittent. I was also disappointed with the fuel consumption, no where near what VW and their dealer told me I would get prior to order. The Fords and Vauxhalls returned 50/52 mpg even after 300,000 miles, the VW on the same work with the same driver 45-46mpg. I was promised 60mpg.

Glad to see the back of it.

A