John Deere or husqvarna ride on ?

Gareth Smith

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"nothin runs like a deere".

Thats my choice from the two,

are you limited to just these two make's?? What about a countax,spec a mulching deck and no sweeper and bag,if req.

you'd get a 5 year warranty and one of the best lawn tractors on the market plus its british made and owned.

:lol: hahaha didn't think it would take you long to notice !!

I'm not bothered which one she buys as they both got cup (peroni bottle) holders :lol:

thought you was more of a cider man, least it will have a seat so u dont fall over backwards and spill your booze like the game fair :laugh1:

thought you was more of a cider man, least it will have a seat so u dont fall over backwards and spill your booze like the game fair :laugh1:

Haha i do like a cider now and then :sneaky2: but then I do love my peroni :biggrin:

And as for the falling backwards , can't remember a thing !!:lol:

• 8 years later...
12 hours ago, doobin said:

Just picked up a John Deere X165 for cheap. Bag kit isn't too much money- does anyone know how well they pick up with a high lift bag? Or am I best to fit a mulch kit?

The X165 is an excellent 48" cut machine, but best suited to side discharge or mulching. It will collect if fitted with the optional rear mounted 2 bag collector, but just like all side pipe collector machines it will be prone to blocking if subject to high volumes of grass, or high density (wet) material. If collecting keep the speed down and don't cut log grass. Avoid damp grass.

Not quite sure what you mean by "a high lift bag", only the one option of collector is available for the X165, but if collecting make sure you have the "high lift" blades fitted.

On a used machine watch out for rust in the deck, especially around the deck hangers and the belt tension pulley mounting. The bearings in the blade spindles can get very noisy and the bearings in the belt pulleys need checking.

The chassis and engine are generally no problem and transaxle issues are rare.

The front wheels rotate on bushes rather than bearings and need regular greasing or the bushes wear, as well as the stub shaft, which makes the wheels lean out and upsets the steering camber angle

The front axle is cast iron, but has a tendency to bend if the mower is used over rough ground. The king pins bend rearwards at the bottom and effect the caster angle, as well as the alignment, making really hard steering.

Hope this helps.