agricultural insurance!!

max25

well if i was to but a large lorry i.e 7 tonne + could i insure it like a tractor and not need a hgv i heard you had opperate within sertain distance of yard and thing like tht, just wanted to know ware i could find out more really?

yes but will you be using it for solely agricultral use?? i know trucks eg pickups can be registerd ag but with limeted milage, dont think lorrys can tho as they are designated haulage vehicals??

Any idea on limited milage, and would you have to modify it e.g fit a P.T.O or something like that, as if you were likely to fit a seeder or something to it

The rules governing this are spread over a variety of legislations and enforcement agencies.

Your first hurdle is that an agricultural exemption is for those engaged in agriculture, are you a farmer?...........

If you are “AG” you can use red, if you are a tree surgeon you can’t (except in plant)

Your insurer want compensating for the risk they run, a tractor chugging around a field with the odd bit of roadwork is a low risk. Tramping between punters gardens day in day out is a much bigger risk. Loss adjusters are paid to get the underwriter out of paying, if you are insured AG and aren’t doing that they have plenty of scope not to pay you out.

If you are LGV there are checks and balances to make sure you are running safe, winging it on AG gets you out of these and there is a distinct possibility that you will not make these basic safety checks.

Why not just stay legal and get your HGV licence?