Please someone give me advice & guidance

looker123

Another plan would be to go round a number of local tree surgeons yards and badger (nicely) for Saturday work - just dragging brash. Your number will then get on phones and when you get your tickets they will already know you.

Probably won't get much ££ for the work though.

Hello mate,

I was in your shoes for a while and still am in a way. Most of the guys iv spoken to have said that they want someone with ariel rescue. So i went away and got CS30/31 and am now in the process of getting CS38 as well. Then try and gain some more experience as a groundie so you can learn from the experienced guys out there. Finding work at the moment isnt easy trust me but iv been told to stick at it and it will happen. Also iv been told dont try to do too much too soon. Start from the basics and work your way up. But for sure try and get CS30/31 and CS38. this will make it easier to set the ball rolling.

Best of luck with the job hunt bro.

Paul

cheers, yeh think i have got a game plan now. Finally got my head round it (almost i think) Will just get my cs 30, 31 and 38 then look for some full time work, whilst getting more experience being a groundsman.

I will keep pestering though for sat work in the mean time, as said not really fussed about the money.

cheers.

Also iv been told dont try to do too much too soon. Start from the basics and work your way up. But for sure try and get CS30/31 and CS38. this will make it easier to set the ball rolling.

Well said :thumbup1:

I have seen a few try and jump in at the deep end and it mostly ends in tears, work your way up gradually and dont get ahead of yourself because this job can kill and it only takes the smallest mistake to do so. Keep at it and dont give in mate :001_smile:

Why you need to know my name bud?

Yeh i understand that its not as easy as some people make it out to be, lot to learn and do.

Im not in no major rush, but i am hoping to get 30 and 31 this summer or at the back end of summer possibly when our work is backing off a little.

Thanks for all your input, appreciated

Ok sorry if that came across wrong way but it's not like that at all.

As I'm sure some will understand, I don't like blaring out my identity out over the Internet. No I'm not a scammer, I am just wary as you never know who's reading what I don't want to compromise my job over and forum.

I could fully understand and would never question it if you would tell me to put my visor down when feeding a chipper, however this sitation is slighlt different, that is more of a safety aspect.

Don't take this the wrong way, not having a rant.

Thanks.