Irish forestry and woodland show

Les Cork

anybody visit this show last week and have any photo's to share and an overview ?

see http://www.ifw.show.ie

I had a stand at it and was involved in the setting up of it over the last few weeks. It was a great success for the first irish forestry show in years, Great to see new blood in the climbing comp too with a novice winning the comp. No pics as yet but will post some shortly:001_smile:

anybody visit this show last week and have any photo's to share and an overview ?

see http://www.ifw.show.ie

Forestry Journal and essentialARB also had a stand. It was a damn good show, well organised, well attended..so much so that we ran out of magazines at lunch time on the Saturday... and better still the rain held off!

There will be a full write up in the June edition of Forestry Journal, complete with piccies. Can't upload the pics here 'cos I've left my camera at work. I'll try and put some on tomorrow if I get chance.

Hope they keep it at the same site in 2013....

I can second the Essential Arb opinion on the IFW show. We were exhibiting and found the organisers more than helpful. The attendance was good, we sold some machines off the stand, and spoke to hundreds of potential customers over the two days. The social side was also good, and seemed to be centred on Dooleys hotel. How the Gwynedd Axmen were able to cut anything on the Saturday is a miracle!!! Well done lads . Roll on 2013.

Managed to make it there on Saturday.I tried to make it to all the stands even with three rugrats in tow .There was plenty there even to interest them , particularly the Gwyned Axemen , Birds of Prey and " the fella who had the REAL swords ":biggrin:. I was well impressed with the Greenmech stand , the bloke from Greenmech (forgotten his name:blushing:) went out of his way to show me the CS 100 , how it was built , all the components and a demonstration of what it can do.Hopefully I'll have enough readies by the Autumn .Wasn't all that impressed with Husqvarna or Oregon stands . I went there with intention and a few quid to buy a 346 silverside and a pair of Supercomfort Type A trousers.In both cases I was ignored in favour of more affluent well heeled looking buyers.In fact when I asked about Supercomforts the bloke looked at me like I asked him for his number and instead showed me some Waipouas type C's I bought some SIP Freedoms instead.

No Stihl reresentation there which was odd :confused1:

Really enjoyed watching the ITCC finals.Amazed to find out the winner was a novice, class. Well done to the Irish Tree Care Association for organising it .I think there were a few guys over from the UK competing and as Technicians.

Great show :thumbup1:, well organised and hopefully will be able to visit for the two days in 2013.Shame it isn't every year.