A small rant

I am a subscriber to forestry journal and essential arb of which i find them very useful on keeping up to date with current industry information, but on this note i would also like to point out a few things. Now first off im not one of these people that just goes out in search of things that people are doing wrong or maybe not by the book, but as a publication aimed at the professional side of the industry and not so much the public some things i feel should be looked at before publishing. It is mostly within images used. If your doing a write up about a company profile then surely they should be shown to carrying out best practice (hse wise). Two photos in particular one of climbers not wearing side impact helmets ie rock climbers helmets and also not wearing a harness when in a mewp. Im waiting now to get slated for being the saddo that has to write this but as an industry magazine surely this stuff should get picked on before print?

Thanks for a great resource (despite the other half wondering why i need to keep them throughout the house) and i always look forward to the next mag.

Ben

I am a subscriber to forestry journal and essential arb of which i find them very useful on keeping up to date with current industry information, but on this note i would also like to point out a few things. Now first off im not one of these people that just goes out in search of things that people are doing wrong or maybe not by the book, but as a publication aimed at the professional side of the industry and not so much the public some things i feel should be looked at before publishing. It is mostly within images used. If your doing a write up about a company profile then surely they should be shown to carrying out best practice (hse wise). Two photos in particular one of climbers not wearing side impact helmets ie rock climbers helmets and also not wearing a harness when in a mewp. Im waiting now to get slated for being the saddo that has to write this but as an industry magazine surely this stuff should get picked on before print?

Thanks for a great resource (despite the other half wondering why i need to keep them throughout the house) and i always look forward to the next mag.

Ben

This just made me laugh as i thought exactly the same. Didn't notice the mewp picture but the hard hats one did make me wonder what position would that employer be in if it went wrong with photo's being in a mag.

Like i said rosey im not out to criticize every photo out there we have all been caught with visor up etc. I had a short stint in the states and i know if i post the photos up then i would get a right old ball bashing, only my point is that its a publication aimed at the professional side. I dont mean to sound like a hse snitch

Hi Ben

We don't mind anyone ranting... and thank you for picking us up on that.

You get it everywhere, I notice it in shooting ones. But hey ho, the people who make the have probably never worked on the tools!

You are quite right - the editor of Forestry Journal, and I as the editor of essentialARB, have never worked on the tools... but that is no excuse. We do try and check over all the images used and believe me a lot are discarded because of hse/safety issues. We obviously need to be more vigilant - point taken.

Glad you enjoy the mags though. Feedback is always welcome, good or bad.

I am definately going to do some tree work in shorts and flip-flops this year and take loads of photos and try to get them everywhere.

Well don't send them to me :lol: ...unless you want to appear in the calendar we keep planning..........