Profit or lack of.

cousin jack

donnt givem nothing cousin jack, theyd take ya blood if they could, since i split from the wife i aint been that busy, had to move to a different loacation so works been slow:biggrin:

start a new job on monday with a small company in london:thumbup1: im sure the tax man will av me bent over and take as much as he likes

donnt givem nothing cousin jack, theyd take ya blood if they could, since i split from the wife i aint been that busy, had to move to a different loacation so works been slow:biggrin:

start a new job on monday with a small company in london:thumbup1: im sure the tax man will av me bent over and take as much as he likes

I was amazed to learn that incapacity benefit is taxable! Then a month ago I had to take a test, despite still being on crutches at that time, the fact that I could go 200yds, and I could control my bowels, meant that I lost that as well. Although I argued that felling trees was dangerous enough without having to grab yer stick to hobble out of the way should something go wrong, they said you're fit for work, fine if you're sat on yer ass all day, but not much cop if if you're on a production rate in the woods.

bet if you could hobble and work ya would, i take it youve been itching to get back to work then

To be honest I really want to, but physically it's feckin hard work, I've made a start splitting next seasons firewood, and felling on level ground, but I'm only managing 3-4 hrs a day, then I'm knackered, I hope to make a start back with the horse next week.

I hope to make a start back with the horse next week.

good for you fella, i expect to see more horse logging pics soon:thumbup1:

you doing any ploughing comps this year?the old man is taking bob out this year for his 2nd year of comps, will post some pics of bob when the old man sends them over:thumbup1:

good for you fella, i expect to see more horse logging pics soon:thumbup1:

you doing any ploughing comps this year?the old man is taking bob out this year for his 2nd year of comps, will post some pics of bob when the old man sends them over:thumbup1:

No, it's something i've never done, although I would like to, it's trying to find the time and someone to teach me.

id imagine it works on the same principle as logging just with a plough, most of the shows he gets paid to just pull folk around on a sledge type thingy and just show, there must be loads of fairs and shows up your way

the shows are always at the weekend and theirs loads on in the summer.

the old man converted a tnt 7.5 delivery truck into a horse box with a spare room for sleeping at the shows, it looks really good

Alright cousin jack? What bones did you break? I'm on the other side of this, broke my tib and fib 2 and half weeks ago, supposed to be out of action for between 3 to 6 months and I'm already going slightly mental, any tips to keep my sanity?

Hope you get up to fighting form soon.

all the best

jago

Alright cousin jack? What bones did you break? I'm on the other side of this, broke my tib and fib 2 and half weeks ago, supposed to be out of action for between 3 to 6 months and I'm already going slightly mental, any tips to keep my sanity?

Hope you get up to fighting form soon.

all the best

jago

Tib and fib my friend, just like you, mine was a spiral fracture, full length plaster for 9 weeks, then half length cast for 6 weeks. My problems now are all soft tissue, getting the ligaments, muscles back to full use, my Achilles tendon is a bugger. Are you in plaster or an X fix?

All I can say buddy is keep yer chin up, you will get better, but it's a slow job. I read an awful lot and watched the documentary channel, I now am an acknowledged expert on both World Wars, American History, Ice Road Truckers, Axe Men, Swamp People, Alaska's Police force and anything else that they showed over the last 6 months.

PM me if you ever want a chat, sometimes it's good to talk to someone who's been through it, and knows how yer feeling, all the best, CJ