Pricing 30 laylandii

Mark James

Lets put this whole thing to bed, went and seen the job last night the man is happy to burn the brash on site and cut the trees into lenths.

He agreed on £1200.00 i said i would 2 running in to 3 days start to finish.

The closest quote he had was £1800.00 for the same procedure.

And he was quoted £2550.00 for removal of chip.

There is 2 acres of waste ground beside where i will be cutting.

I now i didn't explain things in great detail but as i said before didn't see the need to as it was only a rough idea just to make sure, didn't see the need for so much sarcasm and falling out.

But then never realised i was dealing with SEASONED PRO'S and nobody else.

God help if you ever have to deal with the odd bad thread or question.

Some people on Arbtalk find they have to reply to every post and it seems even to upset themselves.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you you price it at if the customer wants it cheap they will look around and some @~#@ in a pickup will do it at half the price and dump the trees in the nearest gate way.

Give a price your happy with but at the same time not under cutting yourself, OR bang in a high price if your not that keen on doing it, you maybe surprised at the outcome

Cheers lad, see how some people can answer even thou detail is thin on the ground.

Am not out to tell anyone there's enough hero's on here that try to put everybody rite.

When they lay into you, you well and truely know it

Happened to me once- but thats another story.

Best advice I can give is that if you ask for advice don't be offended if the advice you receive is not what you wanted to hear. Thats the way of things on forums. In the real world it's a bit different as you know:001_smile:

I think you have been a bit ungracious about some of the responses you have given but I will offer a word of advice, you can take it or leave it.

If you decide to burn off be aware that excessive smoke can bring the attentions of the environmental health department who can stop you burning off. Leylandii smokes like a bugger unless you put it in an air burner when is smokes slightly less. I would put a caveat in my quote that should that happen extra costs will be incurred.

BTW its Leylandii named after the Leyland family on whose estate it all started for that particular weed