tree work on watchdog/rouge traders BBC 1 now!

showoffsummer

Theres thousands like him in every trade, am sure theres men on here that could tell better storys of hearing about high priced quotes.

I know i have heard a few theres no real standard price for tree work and if people will pay it people will take it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true

you charge what you want- at least you ask for what you want

The customer has two choices

BUT

This guy seems to be preying on the elderly who tend to be more trusting and also more easily frightened and also sometimes having mental issues so it's totally below the belt in my eyes. I suspect he also knocks on the doors of the recently bereaved.

[quote=likeitorlumpit;472020

BUT

This guy seems to be preying on the elderly who tend to be more trusting and also more easily frightened and also sometimes having mental issues so it's totally below the belt in my eyes. I suspect he also knocks on the doors of the recently bereaved.

Pure supposition.

for me....it wasnt the price that was out of order but the workmanship. Not saying i'd charge that, but its a free world and its down to the customer to accept or go elsewhere. whats unacceptable for me is the unfinished work, and the quality of what had been finished

I agree.... :001_smile:

theirs will allways be cowboys in arb work,the custmer does have a choice,but us genuine companys need to point this out on the quote stage,we as a company give out leafleats about how to employe a tree surgeon and what to look out for in a cow boy we spend a lot of money on training and kit why should these people get away with the priceing and quality of work they carry out,we need to clean this industre up

The honey fungus thing isn't a misdiagnosis

It's a disease he knows alot of folk have heard of and some know if left unchecked it will often work through a garden.

So he uses it to scare people into having work done that is unnecessary. Basic cowboy tactics.

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have some old bootlaces in his pocket for emergencies

The honey fungus thing isn't a misdiagnosis

It's a disease he knows alot of folk have heard of and some know if left unchecked it will often work through a garden.

So he uses it to scare people into having work done that is unnecessary. Basic cowboy tactics.

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have some old bootlaces in his pocket for emergencies

He's not clever enough for that.

Edited by Le Sanglier
spelling