Jump to content
WoodED

post your motorbikes

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

Tom on the Matchless dropped a bollock at around 5,40 by not stopping for the biddy at the zebra crossing 😁

Didn't  you need to have one foot on the crossing to get priority in those days ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, roboted said:

Didn't  you need to have one foot on the crossing to get priority in those days ?

Possibly . I can't remember .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did he accelerate past the van with his hand off the throttle whilst doing the hand signal? Do they still teach hand signals for bike tests? Been nearly 40 years since passing mine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spudulike said:

How did he accelerate past the van with his hand off the throttle whilst doing the hand signal? Do they still teach hand signals for bike tests? Been nearly 40 years since passing mine!

I saw that Steve ! its magic I recon 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a pic of my old 600 SRAD, 98 S reg just before they went on to fuel injection, bought it and rubbed all panels down, painted it up in primer then free hand drew the 97 yoshimura pattern on em and painted it up, fit new decals and lacquered over everything. Polished outers on wheels and painted centres, polished swing arm. Full akrapovic race system. Things ya do when your young and keen!

IMG_6284.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Found a pic of my old 600 SRAD, 98 S reg just before they went on to fuel injection, bought it and rubbed all panels down, painted it up in primer then free hand drew the 97 yoshimura pattern on em and painted it up, fit new decals and lacquered over everything. Polished outers on wheels and painted centres, polished swing arm. Full akrapovic race system. Things ya do when your young and keen!

IMG_6284.jpg

Nice bikes they were Andy👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/08/2021 at 18:22, spudulike said:

How did he accelerate past the van with his hand off the throttle whilst doing the hand signal? Do they still teach hand signals for bike tests? Been nearly 40 years since passing mine!

No auto-return throttles in those days. In fact some bikes had a tensioning screw in the throttle unit that you could use to adjust the tightness of the twist grip.

 

There's also an MOT exemption for it if the bike has no indicators. 

 

Not that safe, but that's how it was back then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

No auto-return throttles in those days. In fact some bikes had a tensioning screw in the throttle unit that you could use to adjust the tightness of the twist grip.

Yes that was the same on my crusader sport hybrid

11 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

 

There's also an MOT exemption for it if the bike has no indicators. 

I never saw indicators on bikes before Japanese bikes were common
.

 

It's well over 50 years since I scraped through my bike test but I always agreed with Stirling Moss, silly to have to take one's hands off the controls to indicate a change of direction. Mind I've had to add LED tell-tales to the mirrors to remind me I am indicating as the standard ones are too far below my vision and I'm used to self cancelling indicators that I forget to switch them off in my dotage.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_1632083335.835057.jpg

Not one of mine but a fabulous thing seen earlier today at the Beamish Trophy Trial. Raleigh boneshaker with external valves and pushrods. Probably makes less power than a strimmer.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.