post your motorbikes

WoodED

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

Tom on the Matchless dropped a bollock at around 5,40 by not stopping for the biddy at the zebra crossing 😁

Didn't  you need to have one foot on the crossing to get priority in those days ?

3 minutes ago, spudulike said:

How did he accelerate past the van with his hand off the throttle whilst doing the hand signal? Do they still teach hand signals for bike tests? Been nearly 40 years since passing mine!

I saw that Steve ! its magic I recon 😁

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Found a pic of my old 600 SRAD, 98 S reg just before they went on to fuel injection, bought it and rubbed all panels down, painted it up in primer then free hand drew the 97 yoshimura pattern on em and painted it up, fit new decals and lacquered over everything. Polished outers on wheels and painted centres, polished swing arm. Full akrapovic race system. Things ya do when your young and keen!

IMG_6284.jpg

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Found a pic of my old 600 SRAD, 98 S reg just before they went on to fuel injection, bought it and rubbed all panels down, painted it up in primer then free hand drew the 97 yoshimura pattern on em and painted it up, fit new decals and lacquered over everything. Polished outers on wheels and painted centres, polished swing arm. Full akrapovic race system. Things ya do when your young and keen!

IMG_6284.jpg

Nice bikes they were Andy👍

• Like 1

On 30/08/2021 at 18:22, spudulike said:

How did he accelerate past the van with his hand off the throttle whilst doing the hand signal? Do they still teach hand signals for bike tests? Been nearly 40 years since passing mine!

No auto-return throttles in those days. In fact some bikes had a tensioning screw in the throttle unit that you could use to adjust the tightness of the twist grip.

There's also an MOT exemption for it if the bike has no indicators. 

Not that safe, but that's how it was back then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

No auto-return throttles in those days. In fact some bikes had a tensioning screw in the throttle unit that you could use to adjust the tightness of the twist grip.

Yes that was the same on my crusader sport hybrid

11 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

There's also an MOT exemption for it if the bike has no indicators. 

I never saw indicators on bikes before Japanese bikes were common

It's well over 50 years since I scraped through my bike test but I always agreed with Stirling Moss, silly to have to take one's hands off the controls to indicate a change of direction. Mind I've had to add LED tell-tales to the mirrors to remind me I am indicating as the standard ones are too far below my vision and I'm used to self cancelling indicators that I forget to switch them off in my dotage.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...