post your motorbikes

WoodED

15 minutes ago, chopperpete said:

This was tested on a cable  Motorcycle show last night.....presenter liked it! But can you have a Harley without that a engine sound...

Once they come out with an electric tractor then then sports bike peeps will be able to say ....".it's a bit agricultural " 😁 seriously though I know how much torque electric motors produce . I have had / ridden  petrol twins , in line fours and V fours ( my fav ) but it is going to happen . look at the zero TT .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Baldbloke said:

70/80 horse power is not a lot when modern bikes are making more than double that

Yep, agreed. But this was in the mid 80's and on cross-ply's Went down the route and goy a CB750k7 Plenty enough for me. 

1 hour ago, Bob_z_l said:

Yep, agreed. But this was in the mid 80's and on cross-ply's Went down the route and goy a CB750k7 Plenty enough for me. 

Know someone that had a 1000cc V twin was either Honda or Suzuki think was TL 1000? on a test ride it wasn't till went to slow down to turn off dual carriage way that found had done the last 5 miles odd on the back wheel! said as turned wick down got the donk as the landing wheel came down!

33 minutes ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Know someone that had a 1000cc V twin was either Honda or Suzuki think was TL 1000? on a test ride it wasn't till went to slow down to turn off dual carriage way that found had done the last 5 miles odd on the back wheel! said as turned wick down got the donk as the landing wheel came down!

Had similar experience when I swapped from ZZR1100 to a new  ZRX1100. Gave it the beans away from the lights (as usual?) and popped it up into 2nd and 3rd - clutchless as I used to do and then the wheel thumped down.... had a bit of a start as the ZZR never used to lift unless you put in real effort.  
2000miles later and new rear tyre and chain well on the way it was time to reflect and calm down. 

Happy days. But wouldn't dream of it now I still ache from minor body/road interactions.

• Like 3

On 12/07/2021 at 15:19, donnk said:

wish id never sold it all those years ago

image.png.3b479690974b252c7c54e88005f7be1a.png

Anything 2 stroke from that era is fetching silly money even the plain old FSIE. Stranraer beach race 88-89 I think , NOS 86 CR500 from custom and comp (Bikesport) cracking tool and nowhere near as bad to ride as is made out. 3hrs the duration was, slept well that night. Remember Scott Gardner passing me on the beach straight laid flat on his bike with his feet hanging off the back 😀. Anyone who was into the off-road scene back then will recognise a lot of the stuff in the paddock 👍

BD3E8021-2DFA-481F-912F-2A9E2A5C536A.jpeg

EBD739C6-7DE5-4846-822C-86EDA2553B67.jpeg

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Anything 2 stroke from that era is fetching silly money even the plain old FSIE. Stranraer beach race 88-89 I think , NOS 86 CR500 from custom and comp (Bikesport) cracking tool and nowhere near as bad to ride as is made out. 3hrs the duration was, slept well that night. Remember Scott Gardner passing me on the beach straight laid flat on his bike with his feet hanging off the back 😀. Anyone who was into the off-road scene back then will recognise a lot of the stuff in the paddock 👍

BD3E8021-2DFA-481F-912F-2A9E2A5C536A.jpeg

EBD739C6-7DE5-4846-822C-86EDA2553B67.jpeg

Gee Hill in first pic is pretty steep! must have needed a good mitt of throttle to get up that!😅🤣

Edited by AngrySquirrel