Favorite Chipper

tractor10_0

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been out of the loop for a while.

Mr Ed, if you after a 6" I have trialed them all and I can tell you I paid a bit extra but bought the Scleising 200MX and it is by far the best of the lot. Thwe Timberwolf 190 Turbo (7") was a close match but the build quality and the chippings were not good.

As for maintenance if you don't service your chipper once a week and it takes no more than 45 mins you are mad and will have a short lived expensive piece of kit

in any case i'm too busy with the tree surgery side of things to be bothered with chipper maintenance which is why i bought a jensen as all you need to do is grease a few nips and sharpen/change the blades,

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob

jensens need more daily maintenance than any other chipper i have owned or used

yes, but they are very good.

15-08-08 10:47 PM

Make your mind up man!

for a tow behind its gotta be a timberwolf but for usable brute force i loved my pto exenco gravity fed on the back of the old david brown tractor it brings the words fire and forget to the world of arb it didnt break down except for the occasional welding and always a pleasure to use...... not very health and safety pc but very good all the same

having used a range of small chippers, my preference has to be the Schliesing range. We had a towball snap off years ago and the 220 spun across the road, endoed thru a ditch rolling over its spout, and came to a rest in a field. The machine was totally unscathed, even the paint!! absolutely indestructable. I co-own the jensen 5" with Mr Bullman, and despite its size and age, its not a bad little chipper, downside of it is the weakness in the design of the chassis, but easy to maintain and overhaul. have to keep the rollers cleared of debris, change the blades regular, grease up every 10hrs. I think the fuel tank is sufficient for about 6hrs work, and lets face it how often in surgery work is a chipper flat out for more than 6hrs?

I think we will do a basic spec diesel machine for £9995, but it will be a while before we release them. Prototype development is an expensive business:thumbdown:

Heres a few pictures. We've built it with 2 aims - Heavy duty build, and ease of service access. All our early prototypes were disc chippers, but we junked that idea in favour of the drum. It has to many advantages to ignore.