Female tree surgeons

Brad_28

I know of 1, and she's useless. I think if there is to be good female arborists, which I'm sure there may be some, they'd be proper yeti looking so it wouldnt be very pleasurable working with one. Ha! :thumbup:

One thing me and a mate brought up in the pub the other day (and I know it's really random) was japanese arborists...? do they have arborists over there? I just can't get that image in my head.

not meant to be racist in any way, if you're a japanese arborist, and you take offence... im sorry. :|

• Sad 1

I know two girls who are tree surgeons with a loacal company. There was a woman who i worked a few years back who did 30,31,38 wasn't bad at the climbing but she went for an office job in the end. I also know a girl who is training to be one done her 30 and 31. She is or will be a great climber too.

There out there

• Like 1

Me and my girlfriend were having a discussion about work and male/female roles and it got me thinking, how many female working tree climber/tree surgeons are there? do you know of many?

Thanks

Not sure how many, but my wife, sister and sister in law are all trained arborists not all working on the tools but they all have at one time or another:thumbup1:

• Like 1

I know of 1, and she's useless. I think if there is to be good female arborists, which I'm sure there may be some, they'd be proper yeti looking so it wouldnt be very pleasurable working with one. Ha! :thumbup:

One thing me and a mate brought up in the pub the other day (and I know it's really random) was japanese arborists...? do they have arborists over there? I just can't get that image in my head.

not meant to be racist in any way, if you're a japanese arborist, and you take offence... im sorry. :|

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98i8-HPTTx0]YouTube - Tree Climbing Japan Arborist Temple Tree Work Part 2[/ame]

yes!

Me and my girlfriend were having a discussion about work and male/female roles and it got me thinking, how many female working tree climber/tree surgeons are there? do you know of many?

Thanks

one of my tutors in collage, and shes the best climber ive seen

• Like 2

I'm female, I'm good, I'm a joy to work with and I'm a super model :lol:. So that's blown that theory out of the water. I also have been lucky enough to have worked with two other highly competant women arborists in the past :thumbup1:.

When I was at college there was a Japanese woman there with me. She wasn't that great at the practical side, admittedly, but she was frighteningly intelligent and enthusiastic.

• Like 2