Arbor Trolley, Testing capacity!!!

Theocus

The GRCS is the winch on my quad! I think its important to keep things in perspective, you cant compare the GRCS to a quad or a trolley. Its earns its keep far better than any of those will do, so its relativley the cheapest bit of kit I have.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all relative as you know Rupe, I know you can do the maths on most situations and justify equipment usability. I can justify the purchase and useage of the trolley and today it work well. Im sure next week i will prob stick another pic up of it doing something else!!!

This is the beauty of the arb world, so much kit, so much choice and so many opinions!!!!! lol

See you all at Capel!!!

Keeping things in perspective as you say Rupe. You can't compare any of those three items. It all comes down to the type of work you as a tree surgeon carries out. Your GRCS may be your prefered tool, due to your type of work. But to another guy he may never need the abilitys that a GRCS gives. On the other hand he may need the features of the Arb-Trolly on a daily basis, so to him the Arb-Trolly becomes a no brainer. And like wise for a Quad.

As Theocus said thats the beauty of the Arb World, so much kit.

That's the trouble you never know what to buy! For three month one bit of kit could serve you well but then due to other contracts could sit for six. Were just building kit up slowly and struggling along wrecking our body's while we decide what to buy haha I like the idea of the arb trolley but fancy getting someone to make one for cheaper

These new fandangled 'arbor forwarder thingies' are quite difficult to attach & reverse :biggrin:

First time had seen one in the flesh & had a little play shifting a couple of logs at Capel yesterday.

It won't be getting added to my LA fleet list, only as we don't have the need for one at our open space site.

But due to quality of construction & design, I'd be snapping one of these up if I had my own domestic team. :thumbup1:

IMG_3125.jpg.47f11ac96840d404a9fba5160a5382e3.jpg

I could see it's value the minute that I first saw Reg's pictures.

Like my GRCS, it's one of those tools that will very shortly pay for itself on a few jobs. Not to mention the wear and tear that you save on your back and body dragging brush. That alone is priceless and to me makes the Trolley very a very wise investment in the long run.

Now we just have to find a way to get them over to the States.

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the new techniques called the trolley assisted fell! It allows the log to be carried away almost instantly after felling!!!!

Just in case you think we did...... we didnt!!!

IMG_0872.jpg.9479e0397c476d6fe9116696d73457f7.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg.7a50016e8b95821bac11bcd2cc37776c.jpg

no real effort, just a sling and a pulley and a chubby bloke on the bottom of the rope put that up there!!!

The boys did want to fell it like that but i had a funny feeling it might not of worked out so good!

Other pics from the day did include how much brash can you get on one load!!!! Davies managed a whole tree brash logs and all at one point!! this was a cedar about 15-20 tall!!! Kit abuse i tell thee!

IMG_0877.jpg.b634f9e257e18f13e8598151787b238b.jpg