What do I need to get legally to start up working for myself?

YoGi_93

Thanks guys cleared it up now :) My plan is to first get the NPTC's as a grounding. Then get a job as hopefully a climber but probably more likely a groundsman. After ive learnt about the trade ill get my equipment, vehicle, insurance, register with the tax man then get going :)

That sounds like a really good plan.

2years groundying?

8years as a climber?

Set up in 10 years time??

Good luck bud.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why all people in the arb game see being self employed as the holy grail.

You can make good coin employed if your good for the right employer without the stress, more variety of work and toys and perks of a big firm, clothing supplied and no costs, clock out at 5 and works done, sleep easy

Yeah I agree im sure you can earn a decent buck and it would be easier working for a big firm. I just want the challenge and freedom of having my own business. I can do things my own way, the only person i have to impress is the customer. I work at a supermarket at the moment and every now and then I get left in charge when the store closes and the managers go, as long as im working something that helps then they dont mind. But every time my line manager is breathing down my neck I hate it. I just love to do things my own way. Thanks for all the good wishes :thumbup:

By the way I am self employed, running a small firm, usually have two blokes on the ground on a good, its taken many years to get to this stage of working hard and not really earning much, and to be honest I accidently became self employed because of the forestry. When I started I was probably far to naive to really have my own company.

The guys I meet who are ace climbers, who have skills usually have worked for firms and had there hand held and be lead in the right direction before being let of the lead,

BTW I still do enjoy it

did't mean to be one of them always negative posters

What I mean is strive to be in tree work,

It beats working in a super market

I've done both

I will strive mate I love being outdoors id love to be an arborist and i hate working in a supermarket. Its a motivator if anything. To be honest i know i cant take any short cuts but im that enthusiastic im thinking if a two year course is that necessary, thats why in another post i asked about what qualifications people have. I want to get working in the industry as a climber as quick as i can.