Land Rover trouble

smithers1603

I,ve just bought a high cap defender 110 and fitted a chip box on it. Once loaded it feels extremely top heavy. I already have a defender 130 with a chip box on and it feels totaly different (not as much roll when loaded). The only thing I can notice what can make the difference is the 130 has got a much thicker bright orange anti-roll bar on it. Would this make that much defference and if so where can I buy one from because I,ve looked every where and can't seem to find anyone who sells them.:confused1:

Spring rates might be different and the load on a 110 is placed differently over the axles which will also make a big difference. Anti roll bars is working by the sounds of it too, has the 110 got the mounting brackets on the chassis/axle for an AB?

The 130 has helper springs, and heavy duty standard springs and the anti roll bar. You could get a set of helper springs (any distributor of LR parts will be able to supply them), and get an anti roll bar off a discovery down the scrap yard. You already have the brackets on the axle and chassis, and all the bushes etc are replaceable, and as with all land rover parts, very cheap. You could alternativley put air bags inside the standard springs in place of the helper springs. I have recently replaced my 10 year old shocks with terra firmas too, and that has helped alot.

Yes it will. Mine has been doing it for 10 years no problem. The biggest issue is supposed to be the brakes, but as we all know, all these things are built with massive tolerances amd safety margins.......the SWL of a front loader of the wheeled digger is a tonne, but it wil lift much more than that happily for example. The legal side of things is another thing, but the gear is certainly more than man enoiugh.

From the way you have worded your post I guess your 110 has a anti roll bar fitted, therefore I would say your current springs and possibly shock absorbers might be a little tired.

Your best bet would speak to either Gwyn Lewis or Dave Round at LLama, google either of them and look at their web site, they are guy's with a lot of knowledge and are always happy to give advice.