Most annoying thing on TV

Lancstree

Sport and documentaries are the only thing that gets watched on my tele.

And thats on a sunday evening at best!

Just reading about all these utterly annoying programmes and adverts is enough to make me explode..... I would rather feed myself through the chipper or logsplitter my own head than watch the crap that is passed off as entertainment.

I'm led to believe that watching daytime tv and soaps actually reduces your level of IQ.......................... now theres a worrying thought for this tv addicted nation :cursing::banghead:

Don't mean to sound like a miserable get as I know comments on this thread will be light hearted but I would hate to think jade goodys children read these posts on mothering Sunday! All these people annoy me on telly but if you hate them so much turn over before getting to the point of saying what's been said

:congrats:

emerdale, holby,casualty,eastenders,holyoaks,neighboughs,home and away i am subjected to the lot from my mrs.. !!!!!!:thumbdown:

That would be a good thing in my house! I could leave her watching it and I'd be off! She don't watch nuffin so I have to be the entertainment which translates as I have to give 2-3 hours of "quality conversation" every night. Head **ck

That would be a good thing in my house! I could leave her watching it and I'd be off! She don't watch nuffin so I have to be the entertainment which translates as I have to give 2-3 hours of "quality conversation" every night. Head **ck

Christ! I wish my second ex was able to talk intelligently for one hour without having to watch four hours a day of soaps and "reality" crap on the box. I ended up in the kitchen half the time either reading or doing the books (then I went to work for GreenMech and machinery sales took over!).

I am a believer in self sensorship. Turn over or turn it off!

I agree with Lorry and I could not stand that Jade Goody either.

i have noticed that ,but why :biggrin:

Interestingly the adverts are not actually louder, as the technical transmission standards ensure that everything is at the same level; however they do seem louder. That's because they use what is called 'compression' to the maximum on the commercials. In essence, regular programmes have a greater dynamic range (the difference between the loud and quiet elements of the sound) but with commercials they electronically compress the sound and then lift it all to the highest level permitted. Sorry to get technical.

Compression is explained here Note: if you find the article heavy-going, the interesting bit is at the end. Enjoy!

Best wishes,

John Russell

PS: the Halifax ad drives me crazy too. I just want to smack 'em all round the mouth.

Aviva!!i used to like Paul whitehouse :sneaky2: he has just soiled all my great laughing memories of the fast show, he has sold his sole:sneaky2::laugh1:

Haha I know what you mean Stephen. I'm a big fan of his too think I read somewhere Jonny Depp saying he's one of the best actors he's seen.