RFS level 2 FULL certification

RobArb

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's the way I read it too, am going to be in touch with RFS soon so will keep you posted. The confusion seems to arise in the second part of the statement Quote:

'Four optional tests must be completed including at least one from Table 2 (Level 2) and one from Table 3 (Level 3)'

which suggests you only need 1 ticket from table 2 and 1 from table 3......arghh taking things literally this suggests you might possibly gain another 2 tickets elsewhere possibly at RFS discretion to complete the 4 'Optional' units. If you see what I mean, the reason I mention is they used to include Tree Planting ticket as part of the optionals I believe. I have this ticket.

Anyway, without wishing to confuse I have a day or two away this week so am going to clarify for myself, I will update, think it best to confirm with RFS to avoid disappointment.

Well done on the tickets Adam, and well done on getting on with the course, are you doing it through Myerscough?

Thanks for your replies

'Four optional tests must be completed including at least one from Table 2 (Level 2) and one from Table 3 (Level 3)'

The way I read that is that you can do 4 optional units from that whole selection

You could do 3 from table one and 1 from table two, or 2 from each table, or 1 from table one and 3 from table two.

Gives you more flexibilty

I had reply from RFS today which read pretty much as follows:

(We) require a total of 8 practical tickets, 4 compulsory (see Table 1) and 4 from the optional lists (Tables 2 and 3).

To achieve the 4 optional tickets you can do 3 from Table 2 and 1 from Table 3, or 2 from Table 2 and 2 from Table 3 , 1 from Table 2 and 3 from Table 3. Any of these combinations would meet our requirements that there should be at least 1 from Table 2 and 1 from Table 3. Currently we do not accept awards or certificates that are not listed on our website.

.......I was hoping to have LANTRA Brushcutter cert recognised, see other thread (the LANTRA cert is not recognised on RFS Tables, NPTC is). Have approached LANTRA on the status of this, it seems that it might be likely there will be a cross reference between NPTC and LANTRA regarding this qual in the future , not sure if can be 'backdated' as such though if it should happen.

I think that's the way I read it too, am going to be in touch with RFS soon so will keep you posted. The confusion seems to arise in the second part of the statement Quote:

which suggests you only need 1 ticket from table 2 and 1 from table 3......arghh taking things literally this suggests you might possibly gain another 2 tickets elsewhere possibly at RFS discretion to complete the 4 'Optional' units. If you see what I mean, the reason I mention is they used to include Tree Planting ticket as part of the optionals I believe. I have this ticket.

Anyway, without wishing to confuse I have a day or two away this week so am going to clarify for myself, I will update, think it best to confirm with RFS to avoid disappointment.

Well done on the tickets Adam, and well done on getting on with the course, are you doing it through Myerscough?

Thanks for your replies

That would be great cheers.

No I'm currently armed forces getting ready to leave and they have paid a large portion of it as a resettlement package. The course was done by TKF training in Yorkshire. Really good, loved every second of it.