RFS level 2 FULL certification

RobArb

Been looking into this and I believe on completion of the course you will have a ABC awards Certificate , which if you send off to RFS with a suite of tickets you will be given the RFS Certificate in Arboriculture, and be able to use Cert Arb RFS after their name etc, here is the link to RFS

RFS Certificate in Arboriculture | RFS

Good to see you dont have to do the planting course any more. Wonder if anyone will do it now?

• 1 year later...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resurrecting an old thread, but from sending RFS the relevant certificates, how long does it take to get the full certificate from them? I sent my bits off in November and emailed them chasing up a week ago but no reply from either. I'm not in a hurry to get the certificate but would like to know whether they've received what I sent them.

Good to see you dont have to do the planting course any more. Wonder if anyone will do it now?

I agree, in principle as this was always the 'stumbling block' as a previous mandatory unit, BUT I think it's a real shame it's not include as an 'optional' as some assessors still cover it (I believe).

We require standard tree planting as a mandatroy skill for ARB Approved and it still surprises me how often there are problems.

Cheers..

Paul

that is true, think its called something different too?

I'll carry on with my FdSc, this info was for someone else:thumbup:

Hey Rob, hope you're well.

Tis now the Level 4 Arb and either a certificate or a diploma dependent how many credits you study, i.e. to get the diploma you have to study a broader range of subjects (I believe.)

The 'AA Tech Cert', as was, is no more :huh:

Cheers..

Paul

• 3 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread, What are peoples experiences with this qual? I'm thinking of doing the entirely online course, to back up my day to day practical experience.

Im not so much interested in the piece of paper, more about actually learning something, is it interesting enough to justify the £500 course fees?

I guess that depends on your current level of knowledge.

I think you pay a fair amount towards the college / provider for their time, the assessment and verification and course materials. If you don't want the paper qualification I'd spend the £500 on a load of decent text books and maybe some interesting workshops.

I'm doing it because I haven't done plant biology for over 20 years and I'm trying to get a decent basic understanding. Plus I went the HCC route which is instalments so it 'feels' less like I've paid £500

• 2 months later...

Glad this thread has been Rejuvenated. Reason being followed by Question? as follows.

I undertook ABC awards Level 2 Cert via Myerscough online a couple of years back. I did it mostly at own cost with some limited funding (which i doubt would be available now) I found it extremely rewarding knowledge wise, and very engaging most modules being relevant to work i was undertaking at the time.

One important point, I have undertaken various NPTC practical certs alongside again at my own cost since, it has taken me some time to earn and pay for these in the hope of gaining full RFS Certification.

FULL RFS Certification as I understand, with the entitlement to put RFS Cert Arb after ones name if inclined requires a ABC Awards Theory Pass at Level 2 AND a full suite of NPTC tickets amounting to 8?? in total it seems from the tables provided: see:

RFS - Cert Arb compertance awards

I forgot about this all for a while thinking it was going to cost the earth, but now rejuvenated I find I have:

CS30.1, CS30.2, CS31, CS32, A06, PA1, PA2, I also have a LANTRA Cert for Brushcutter for which the table states there is no crossover?

I cannot for the life of me work out whether i'm even halfway to sending certs off to RFS yet can anyone explain how the RFS determine mandatory units from optional and 'four of each' of this and that? I emailed RFS but never did get reply?

The way I read it is you need to have all of table one and another 4 at least one from table 2 and 3.

I've have just started the course myself and already have all but the chipper ticket from table 1, 1 ticket form table 2 and 4 from table 3. Do by my reckoning after completing the theory work and a chipper ticket would that be me a cert Arb?