Unimogs rock thread

Stephen Blair

9 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

I don’t do revenge, he ripped me off and burnt out a 40 years old classic Mog for reasons I can not fathom.

Just a strange character!

It was quite a tidy one too was it not? What a waste!

• Like 1

apart from some rust on the sills she was solid, sound proof cab and ran as sweet as a nut and never missed a beat !

So versatile with winch, tipped and hiab.

Although I love my Isuzu, it’s only good for going from A to B in comfort, once it gets there it’s close to useless on a job site!

21 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

apart from some rust on the sills she was solid, sound proof cab and ran as sweet as a nut...

I don't  justify the insurance fraud.. And if that is true then he may well be the dodgy character you are suggesting.. but the engine seized after 3 days. My guess is the buyer thought he was sold  a nail and was ripped off, this may be why he isn't keen on settling any outstanding account with you. While torching a classic mog may offend many, to him it may have been the only way to get out of a financial hole..  

Still wrong mind.. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

I don't  justify the insurance fraud.. And if that is true then he may well be the dodgy character you are suggesting.. but the engine seized after 3 days. My guess is the buyer thought he was sold  a nail and was ripped off, this may be why he isn't keen on settling any outstanding account with you. While torching a classic mog may offend many, to him it may have been the only way to get out of a financial hole..  

Still wrong mind.. 

nope, he’s a cock 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

Me daily when I owned it.

Oil levels were all spot on at hand over.  No leaks.

There’s a few blanks in the story from his side, all very strange.

He should have just put a cummins 6bt in it, you can  pick them up for 500 quid! ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Surely that’s a joke price? It’d look ridiculous even if you knocked £100000 off it! 

It is a 13 year old commercial vehicle that’s done more than 170k kilometres (unlikely to be steady motorway miles) with a porta-cabin on the back. They’ve not even put a new drivers seat in it to ease the pain of the gullible  mug with more money than sense that gets bent over buying it!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Surely that’s a joke price? It’d look ridiculous even if you knocked £100000 off it! 

It is a 13 year old commercial vehicle that’s done more than 170k kilometres (unlikely to be steady motorway miles) with a porta-cabin on the back. They’ve not even put a new drivers seat in it to ease the pain of the gullible  mug with more money than sense that gets bent over buying it!

From experience, that particular company is expensive and not always straightforward to do a deal with. I tried to buy a mog off them a couple of years ago only to find that even though it was advertised for sale they were unable to sell it at the time as it hadn't been examined by their mechanics, a week later they told me they were waiting on confirmation from its owner that he was happy to sell it. I took my money to germany and bought exact same spec with significantly less hours and no complications for 12k less. 

Have contacted them regarding parts and have rarely found them to be competitive with european prices. 

When I ordered a workshop manual from stock it arrived three weeks later with no valid explanation as to why it took so long.

Whilst they are friendly and knowledgeable I cant see the logic in their pricing.