Skipper Retractable Barrier System

David Humphries

Only reading up on them and researching at this stage. Almost took the plunge last autumn - had a compressor lined up (loads about due to down turn in construction sector) and then funds got diverted elsewhere in the business. Still can see a benefit but don't think it's going to be a viable business bolt on opportunity.

As we're LA, I can't really coment on the comerciality of using one.

But I've found it a very useful tool in the armourment.

Have been hiring compressors in for the last year, but have just recently decided to get a dedicated one, as I see this work increasing.

IMG_2679.JPG.89faa71bfa4d18d9962014b24acacbd5.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG.876e3051ac812ab8f86d12229cb49be5.JPG

DSC03580.JPG.8e49489ff058bbef8e832968c72af1e0.JPG

IMG_0787.jpg.c86e4c4c0ae0dae793a8c2729d3c8f82.jpg

DSC03698.JPG.870f36d35e882ee09ce977e43906db25.JPG

DSC03717.JPG.cc897378866ee087f44eb3925252e8f0.JPG

DSC00064.JPG.09dea7ccb37045ce84add392e96bb1eb.JPG

59765a559f41d_PittsArch0311011.JPG.76aab7034c967a0211d9b41ad8d53f36.JPG

59765a559b2d1_PittsArch0311001.JPG.ce18cef382d42ba732e0fd0965c9887d.JPG

IMG_9126.JPG.050238abb646223fda9bdfa761bb0c00.JPG

IMG_8650.jpg.a0560e64af7b207b455771c18d1739a1.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey, just realised that was one of the best self derails of all time. :blushing::001_rolleyes::biggrin:

Apologies, my fault for side tracking. If it helps the thread I,m ordering some of the barriers on Monday (and will probably pick up an airspade later in the year and hire a compressor for a while - I guess we don't have to make a profit from everything we do:blushing:)

Apologies, my fault for side tracking. If it helps the thread I,m ordering some of the barriers on Monday (and will probably pick up an airspade later in the year and hire a compressor for a while - I guess we don't have to make a profit from everything we do:blushing:)

I don't think you would regret either :001_smile:

• 1 month later...

Got the barriers last month and had them on my site yesterday. Give them a real good testing.

- Strong breezy day with gusts (they slowly slacken and then re-tensioned themselves when the wind subsided

- Student environment (even after being fiddled with they're still intact

- Dropped branches onto them (crinkled one of them but it still tensioned and retracted

- one of the team dropped two of the units while setting them up (didn't break or crack)

So after a good "Top Gear" type test they have survived. Good "heads up" for this product Monkey - D. Thanks

Barrier.JPG.b4885f0238542fa3d84bdb008ea41162.JPG

So after a good "Top Gear" type test they have survived. Good "heads up" for this product Monkey - D. Thanks

[ATTACH]65070[/ATTACH]

Glad to hear you find them of merit :thumbup1:

How many units did you opt for?

We got three, but I'm thinking another two would be ideal.

May get an end bracket aswell.

Glad to hear you find them of merit :thumbup1:

How many units did you opt for?

We got three, but I'm thinking another two would be ideal.

May get an end bracket aswell.

Got 6 units and 1 end unit which I cable tied to the last cone. Perfect for long runs 50m+ at a time. This job was topping a 8m high laurel block down to 2m at the entrance to the main student halls at Queens University Belfast so we needed good seperation. So much better than a bit of tape or rope and much easier to move along as the work area progressed. Looks much sharper also.

Monkey, think you buy from the most expensive supplier out there - they are extortionate in everything they sell (quality is decent thought). You can order direct from Skipper - Skipper?* | Puchase or they have a list of distributors of you want to check them out to see if there are any bargains. Aspli have a good price (couldnt be bothered searching the others - http://www.aspli.com/products/1383/skipper-barrier-tape-fittingr

Monkey, think you buy from the most expensive supplier out there - they are extortionate in everything they sell (quality is decent thought). You can order direct from Skipper - Skipper?* | Puchase or they have a list of distributors of you want to check them out to see if there are any bargains. Aspli have a good price (couldnt be bothered searching the others - SKIPPER RETRACTABLE BARRIER TAPE FITTING

Monkey, think you buy from the most expensive supplier out there - they are extortionate in everything they sell (quality is decent thought). You can order direct from Skipper - Skipper?* | Puchase or they have a list of distributors of you want to check them out to see if there are any bargains. Aspli have a good price (couldnt be bothered searching the others - SKIPPER RETRACTABLE BARRIER TAPE FITTING

Got mine from Site Box Ltd:001_smile: