County Court claims

waz77

Has anyone had to go down this route to force bad debtors to pay up?

I did a job for a construction company on 4/11/10. I sent them the invoice for the work on the 19/11/10.They confirmed they had received the invoice and asked for a few details so they could pay me.

However the money never came so i started to chase it up with phone calls and emails to no avail.After many calls and emails being ignored i sent an email saying i was going to pass the debt on to a recovery agency.

I then got an email from the company MD saying they were having problems with bad payers themselves and had suspended work on the site and 1 other due to this.

I replied to this saying we could come to some arrangement to pay in instalments and to keep me posted on the progress.

That was the last i heard from them and they continue to ignore my calls and emails.

I sent a 2 final reminders a week ago(1 recorded del the other 1st class) stating that the debt should be paid within 7 days to avoid a CC claim.

Well today the 7 days are up and still no contact.

Im just unsure if there is anything that i have not done right before i proceed with CC claim??

Anyone know?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've a company owing me £4400+vat since jan 2010.. there a LTD company and after speaking to a solicitor looks like i can write that money off.. they too said they had a company who owed them a large amount.. they gave me couple payments of £200 each time and thats last i heard.. all there phone no's are disconnected and they were in a serviced office and have left with no forwarding address..

The company are still in business as i have spoken to their secretaries and they claim to be passing the messages on but they are choosing to ignore me. Very frustrating

Put in a CC claim it will cost eighty odd quid, when they receive it they will

probably pay, all that stuff about their bad debts is not your problem, same thing happened to me and when I did that they paid as good as gold,

probably they do this to everyone, they are not going to have a CC judgement against them for the relatively small amount that they owe a tree company.

Speak to a solicitor and get them to file for court action and to contact the company directly...

Usually when the receive a copy of the court paperwork and a solicitors letter they realise your not joking...

Edit: As said above...

Been twice for non payment and both times they paid up. Was also taken to CC by a smart ass solicitor I worked for. Did some emergency work on a tree for him. Made the tree safe and left arisings stacked telling him that I would return as soon as I could but told him I was busy and he was ok with it.

Ended up in court with him saying that he had to get someone else to finish the job and I should pay the difference. He sat there with a smarmy smile on his face until the judge took my side and he had to pay my expenses:001_smile: