getting undercut !!!!!!

Johny Walker

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same everywhere i guess, I am finding most my jobs fomr advertising i seem to be competing with people who are desperate, Even my new slightly lower prices (after a string of no up takes) are getting udnercut and the jobs seem to get done within the week of me quoting! its rediculous!

Same everywhere i guess, I am finding most my jobs fomr advertising i seem to be competing with people who are desperate, Even my new slightly lower prices (after a string of no up takes) are getting udnercut and the jobs seem to get done within the week of me quoting! its rediculous!

Well I hope you use spellcheck when you do your quotes.

its always the same Billy.... jobs that come about courtesy of word of mouth require no or minimal haggling and little justification of pricing....

Quotes that come about from an 'ad' lead to classic one liners from old joe public "how much" and "the other bloke said he'd do it for the wood"!

Stick to your guns - best of luck

Yeah it is tough this year. been getting undercut on sround 70% of jobs i price and i have lowered my prices to £200 profit a day with 40k worth of gear. Seems that only a small hand full of people want to get a professional to do job...the rest want it done for nothing.

going to see how the next few months pan out...if its still the same i am done with arb work.

also...does anyone else work from 7am till 8pm regular to make there day rate?

7 till 7 at least, including picking staff up and dropping off, locking up the chipper and tipping. Then fix and fuel anything needed for next day. sounds about right to me. how much profit a day depends a bit where you are, how fast you are, what your doing and what other similar set ups charge locally, round here 200 net profit from 2 men about right. if you calculated your profit correctly.

Yeah it is tough this year. been getting undercut on sround 70% of jobs i price and i have lowered my prices to £200 profit a day with 40k worth of gear. Seems that only a small hand full of people want to get a professional to do job...the rest want it done for nothing.

going to see how the next few months pan out...if its still the same i am done with arb work.

also...does anyone else work from 7am till 8pm regular to make there day rate?

If you REALLY want to feel depressed, I've just done the maths and you're on £15.38 an hour. For using 40k of kit. :thumbdown:

If you REALLY want to feel depressed, I've just done the maths and you're on £15.38 an hour. For using 40k of kit. :thumbdown:

try going out with 60 grands worth of tractor and hedge cutter on back worth 20 to 30k and gettin £30-35 an hour if your lucky.. or same tractor with 70 grands worth of big baler on back to earn£2500 in 18 hrs if your lucky..and thats not profit.. i did job today to remove 60metres of 8ft high and 6ft wide privet hedge and grind all roots out.. didnt get there till 10.. back in yard by 4.. used 2 litres petrol prob 30 litres diesel in mog and grinder and job was £1100 and we did one 1st thing for £150.. trust me theres nothing else that earns money like tree work for the machinery thats used..