improvised chainsaw trousers

danroker1987

hello all

chainsaw trousers never last long , the outer part anyways, if for instance big tears or crotch damage that is beyond repair,isit acceptable to sew the kevlar into say some cargo trousers or jeans, i ask this as i have dozens of old pairs laying around and its a shame to waste them as its the kevlar we are paing the money for!! obviously i know once the kevlar is ripped,cut,damaged they are no good. i am so bored!!!!:001_huh:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wearing a pair of lightweights over the top and braces will protect the outer layer for years (the lightweights) and go a long way to countering crotch ripping probs (braces), as well as covering up any rips that do occur in unsightly places........

I honestly believe they are designed to fall apart after a year or two to keep us spending £200 on the bloody things!

If someone came up with a pair where you could just buy new outers and stick the ballistic inserts in with poppers they would be on a winner.

Are you listening Stretch Air?

Like you Dan, I've got loads of old pairs lying around in tatters with pristine kevlar inside.

I honestly believe they are designed to fall apart after a year or two to keep us spending £200 on the bloody things!

If someone came up with a pair where you could just buy new outers and stick the ballistic inserts in with poppers they would be on a winner.

Like you Dan, I've got loads of old pairs lying around in tatters with pristine kevlar inside.

my nan is a prof seamstress and she says there so poorly made,im gonna get her on the case, like the arborwear trousers would be ideal!!

And isnt it just insulting the way stihl magnanimously include ONE 3" square repair patch with their trous.....within no time at all ther is little or nothing left to sew that to anyway- more like a fishermans net:thumbdown:

i wear braces but i have a big old boy u know what i mean fella!!!

:thumbup::001_rolleyes: