Matthew Norman

What ropes?

Steve if you are worid about droping it, put an quick reales bit in the line and pop your little poor thought it while you rig your friction saver.

I will not boare you with all the ropes in my colection, as there is less space here than in my shed...

TOP TIP form Al's Top Tip Box Griping 11mm lines, try and grip it under knucks in your finurgs rather than in your pams, it a tighter and much sronger grip.

If you want a good rope for day to day work for the monye and wear you will not go to wrong with yale XTC or Elderid Expeirance the couler well just have to ask Trinny and Suesanna about that one.

i went to get a 37m yale xtc fire today and came back with a 11mm blaze, ive heard good things about these and i know a few of you lot use it so its worth a try,

I have seen servarl people strugle with shop bought split tails with 11mm ropes, as they are mostly 13mm, so it is worth getting a split tail of 10-11.5mm Beal Ginko works great with Yale.

The 11mm lines are great for handeling they flow better through the tree, they are more suppel, lighter. The size in the hand is the main problem... so come on Yale get the CE for Poison Ivy sorted and farst.

I have seen servarl people strugle with shop bought split tails with 11mm ropes, as they are mostly 13mm, so it is worth getting a split tail of 10-11.5mm Beal Ginko works great with Yale.

please could someone shed some light on why you buy a shop bought split tail if you just bought the rope and tied a fishermans you can have about 6 for the same money and self clinching knots are actually recomended for tree work rather than splices:laola::laola::laola::laola:

:five:I have not bought one for years sir, but quite right, shop bought splices don't sit tight, Fishermans is to bulky and croud the kab again problem, to kabs clange to gether... answer custem splice hurry...:five:

:five:I have not bought one for years sir, but quite right, shop bought splices don't sit tight, Fishermans is to bulky and croud the kab again problem, to kabs clange to gether... answer custem splice hurry...:five:

dont understand krabs clang together if that means tou have 2 crabs sise by side banging together i would have concerns over your climbing system

:laola::laola:

Bob I'm sateing option, some people do some people don't, read my s**t as comentry of the whole not just me... how I climb won't nessearly be of help to every one, how I see every one else climb and confiuger their systems might. But you are right, I don't like it, but to many people croud a kab and spead the load away from the spine the loading part and toward the gate.