150 or 190 ??

sammer

hi,

could you please tell me the differences between them apart from aperture,only i just realised they have the same engine i think,i've just put a 190(non turbo) aside as i thought it would have more power,chipping into a big lorry is the reason i'm asking this.

If they do have same power is 35hp measured at the flywheel or cylinders?if cylinders does the 190 have less power the flywheel set up must be heavier surely therefore taking more power to run?

please help with my confusion,cheers

Sam

hi,

could you please tell me the differences between them apart from aperture,only i just realised they have the same engine i think,i've just put a 190(non turbo) aside as i thought it would have more power,chipping into a big lorry is the reason i'm asking this.

If they do have same power is 35hp measured at the flywheel or cylinders?if cylinders does the 190 have less power the flywheel set up must be heavier surely therefore taking more power to run?

please help with my confusion,cheers

Sam

Hello Sam,

The TW 150DHB and the TW 190DHB did indeed use the same engine but that is where the comparison ends. The 150 is designed to give maximum chipping performance whilst being under 750kg in weight and is therefore limited to the size of flywheel etc that it can run.

The TW 190DHB does not have the weight restrictions and can therefore run a heavier flywheel that can take full advantage of the engine characteristics to produce a higher work rate than the 150 model. The extra performance comes from the gearing of the rotor to the engine and the extra rotor mass that creates considerably more inertia and hence more performance.

A standard TW 190DHB has a throughput of between 33% and 50% greater than a 150 model - so if time on the job is important to you and not towing weight, I would still consider the 190 model as a viable purchase.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Richard