Lowering

Arborlord

Not a crane job cut and chuck. I cant justifie the cost of the grcs lovely bit of kit but the price limits it to only the big companies.

I was thinking a dead sling and isc pulley medium with 16mm esterlon and a really fat git holding the other end lol.

I wanna be able to handel tonne lumps but i will only lower 500kgs per hit to make the gear last longer. Just an idea of what you guys use or recommend for this weight.

:blushing:

your standard capstan with heavy duty pulley and some nice 16 mm rope covers most things.....i couldnt justify a gcrs or hobbs for my felling work....a crane covers stuff you need to get done quick if you know what your doing, there is some interesting threads with some nice home made rigging gear with self tailing winches like the gcrs wich i quite fancy a go at... a decent harken self tailing winch is going to cost you 600 though then theres the fabrication and its not been tested so i guess at the end of the day you get what you pay for!but if you know a good welder fabricator as a best mate your laughing

I cant justifie the cost of the grcs lovely bit of kit but the price limits it to only the big companies.

:blushing:

No way. I'm a two man outfit, occasionally three, we use the GRCS all the time, well a couple of jobs per month on average but sometimes it feel like all the time. I can undercut the big companies who either want to use a crane or don't have the climber experience to get the job done quickly, then I make good money with the GRCS and everybody is happy!

No way. I'm a two man outfit, occasionally three, we use the GRCS all the time, well a couple of jobs per month on average but sometimes it feel like all the time. I can undercut the big companies who either want to use a crane or don't have the climber experience to get the job done quickly, then I make good money with the GRCS and everybody is happy!

Spot on !

The best gear is used by the "smart" Co's not the big ones:001_cool:

Yep I can't afford one (GRCS) yet but we have done seriously heavy rigging off an ISC porta wrap and 16 mm braid, although even the 12mm takes a hell of a lot. Then an ISC medium rigging pulley on a whoppee sling in the tree. Simple but fiendishly clever. If the rigging groundie knows what he's doing with the porta wrap he can hold the rope with two fingers and he could be 6 stone wet. It's a great bit of kit and blinkin' cheap.