'10 Plate Ford Ranger suspension prob

Matthew Arnold

We have recently noticed that our 10 plate Ranger when on full lock clicks, squeaks, crunches, etc from the front and back suspension. We were thinking it might be that because it mainly does road driving the suspension isnt travelling far enough and clicks because it is stretching. We had it on full articulation today and was clicking like mad. Would spraying grease onto the shocks and springs help? Or would it be a case of new suspension all round. It has only done just over 9800 miles.

on some nissan navaras there is a nasty noise on full lock this is sometimes where there is a plastic capping on a nut that effectively dictates how much full lock you have (hope it makes sense) i think the problem is solved with new plastic jobs. Possibly similar to ford??

on some nissan navaras there is a nasty noise on full lock this is sometimes where there is a plastic capping on a nut that effectively dictates how much full lock you have (hope it makes sense) i think the problem is solved with new plastic jobs. Possibly similar to ford??

It might be that but sounds more metallic. It is intermittent and only seems to do it on level ground.

This is definetly the case, took mine back to ford ,they replaced the plastic caps and twelve months later,,same,,,,so dont worry,,,horrendous cranking noise, specially when bouncing off a kerb,or on full lock,,,design fault,,,:thumbdown:

This is definetly the case, took mine back to ford ,they replaced the plastic caps and twelve months later,,same,,,,so dont worry,,,horrendous cranking noise, specially when bouncing off a kerb,or on full lock,,,design fault,,,:thumbdown:

Cheers tha puts our minds at ease then. But why is it clicking on the back?

i dont know if its the same on the new rangers, bt i have a 52 plate one and it clicks at the back as one of the leaf springs has snapped. so it rattles and that. getting them changed but may be worth a look if they still put them on the rear of them.

We have changed the plastic caps on ours several times.

The rear springs are close to useless and Ford know this, IIRC they only guarantee them for 6 months or 20,000 miles.