where to go after training

paul k

Hi, I'm booked on a kingswood training services course and i was just wondering what i should do after that course. I'm doing their combination course, the one that has the climbing and equipment usage. I was just wondering what do i do after that? i'm new to this line of work so any suggestions would be great

From the sound of it, I'd forget about climbing for a while. Get yourself a job grounding for a good climber. You'll only learn so much on a course, once you start working a lot of what you learn on the course goes out the window.

Also, without much "real world" experience very few companies will let you climb straight away anyway. For both safety and productivity reasons. But the stuff you learn watching a good climber will stand you in good stead compared to the jumping in at the deep-end muddle through approach.

No offense but dont you have a work plan?

Ie I'm getting qualified so I can....

Don't really have a work plan as yet, i've been looking into a few companies (large and small) for a bit of work experience. been helping some of the lads at my work (they are chainsaw operators doing ground clearance work) i got a few grand from work to spend on a course of my choice and i chose this type of work. I've been gearing all my personal development towards becoming a paramedic, so this is a my next challenge, i have all my hgv, and some good medical qualifications, and i love being outdoors in any weather so this seemed like something i could use in this line of work to