1 app

Yorkshireman

interesting mate ..they still refused it though!

the old form they sent back was for tpoed trees the first ap 1 form they sent back was becouse i didnt fill in the tpo section wich was irelivant beouse the trees dont have tpos and it was for work in a conservation area...the woman sounded like she was having a nervous brake down when i rang her ....her boss said bear with the girls as they dont understand the forms yet....but im losing out on work!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matty

you can always mention the possiblity of getting clarification from the

local authority ombudsman

send me your email add'

if a 211

pg 60 of the blue book

giving notice conservation area

9.4 A section 211 noticee does not have to be in any particular form. But it must describe the work proposed and include sufficent particulars to indentify the trees .

it May be helpful to use the standard 'notification form' provided by the LPA,although they CANOT insist on its use

iain

interesting mate ..they still refused it though!

the old form they sent back was for tpoed trees the first ap 1 form they sent back was becouse i didnt fill in the tpo section wich was irelivant beouse the trees dont have tpos and it was for work in a conservation area...the woman sounded like she was having a nervous brake down when i rang her ....her boss said bear with the girls as they dont understand the forms yet....but im losing out on work!

I've had exactly the same problem on the tpo section of 1APP, for con/area notifications, tried putting it back in 3 times now, to have it bounced back. Not worth the hassle tbh. Fact is, these glitches MUST be ironed out before its compulsory to use the system, hence my persistence with it, feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall tho

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hate to say it Gents, but the new planning regs come into effect as of today (1st October 2008)

Yes, there's some good points.... standardised application forms and the centralised use of Planning Portal etc, But the bad points are possibly going to make life very very difficult.

See extract below, with regards to the level of supporting documentary evidence that will be required......

Condition of tree(s) – The presence and impact of pests, diseases or fungi that require work to be carried out to the tree(s) should be described in written evidence or diagnostic information from an arboriculturist or other appropriate expert. Arboricultural evidence must be provided to support applications that suggest the tree has defects that may be of concern to the current or future safe retention of the tree or parts of the tree.

Subsidence - Reports will usually be provided by a structural engineer and/or a chartered surveyor and be supported by technical analysis from other experts e.g. for root and soil analysis. These reports must include the following information:

• A description of the property, including a description of the damage and the crack pattern, the date that the damage first occurred/was noted, details of any previous underpinning or building work, the geological strata for the site identified from the geological map

• Details of vegetation in the vicinity and its management since discovery of the damage. Include a plan showing the vegetation and affected building

• Measurement of the extent and distribution of vertical movement using level monitoring Where level monitoring is not possible, state why and provide crack-monitoring data. Data provided must be sufficient to show a pattern of movement consistent with the presence of the implicated tree(s)

• A profile of a trial/bore hole dug to identify foundation type and depth and soil characteristics

•The sub-soil characteristics including soil type (particularly that on which the foundations rest), liquid limit, plastic limit and plasticity index

• The location and identification of roots found. Where identification is inconclusive, DNA testing should be carried out

• Proposals and estimated costs of options to repair the damage

In addition, you must include a report from an arboriculturist to support the tree work proposals, including arboricultural options for avoidance or remediation of indirect tree-related damage.

Other structural damage - Technical evidence in respect of other structural damage (e.g. garden walls, drains, paving, drive surfaces) should be provided by a relevant engineer, building/drainage surveyor or other appropriate expert.

What this means is huge increases in cost for the tree owner so most tpo trees will get left for years and years untill there in dire condition.

Watch out for consultants nicking your tpo work and passing it on to freinds for little bungs this is what will happen.:thumbdown:

What this means is huge increases in cost for the tree owner so most tpo trees will get left for years and years untill there in dire condition.

Watch out for consultants nicking your tpo work and passing it on to freinds for little bungs this is what will happen.:thumbdown:

Or consultants will have to tailor a cheap, stripped down report package to suit the new regs...

Now excuse me while I get back to tailoring aforementioned report package...:closedeyes: