Opico Skidsteer.

J.D

this was in pirbright?, about 600mm of sandy loamy topsoil ontop of belts of sand stone. With an 18inch auger it didnt have enough grunt to spin the fractured bits of stone up the flights and out the hole, they would just jam it against the side so you had to constantly adjust it up and down to clear the hole.

Could of been a duff machine but it was brand new so who knows.

they are handy with the pallet forks etc for bumping out materials along the fence line and do save your back especially if you do lots of concrete fencing.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ok maybe the sanstone down ther eis harder ! wouldnt suprise me !

also depends on the auger motor i know the one my mate has is huge for the aplication lol almost like a drive unit of a 2 or 3 ton 360 ! but it does keep digging you do have to feather it into the cut sometimes but 90% it just keeps going :)

his is a early 90s machine ! old school but as you say well handy !

The skidsteer i was looking at sold before the end of the auction unfortunatley, and to be honest its still a toss up between something like that and a micro digger with an auger attachment. They both have there pros and cons i guess, the Micro digger is maybe more marketable to hire out though ?

micros are in demand ! and you can be a little more positonable than the skid steer on sloping ground both are good indifferent ways ! if you need to lift shift and move things aswell the skid steer may be the answer the digger is equally usefull in ways you will know !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all ive got a Opico skidsteer up for sale soon ... I',m in stoke-on-trent area got some little jobs to do on it due to it standing for a long time .. but its in great condition and a great little tool for loads of jobs ... will prob go on ebay with it when done, if anyone is intrested pls call me kev 07977770950:001_smile:thanks

• 1 month later...