Arbtalk exclusive Sneak Peak - New Aspen Combi can unit

Aspen@AAOIL

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont use aspen...but i like the idea that the aspen can bolts straight on...means theres less risk of contaminating your fuel.

Sorry Steve should have been more specific, if I was using aspen and buying a combi can, I'd buy a new standard combi can over this aspen one. I see there is minimal chance of contamination if your emptying into a combi can bought specifically for Aspen.

Hey Guys,

The product is in fact already made and has been extensively tested by our Aspen friends in Germany.

I get the idea that the first aid kit is welcomed by some and not by others so i hope we can supply this as optional.

obviously this is only aimed at people who use aspen and it really does work great with the Aspen 5L cans.

i will put up a video early in the week to show you guys how they attach to the holder as well as how the oil container works. (it has a pull out spout).

Both the oil and the fuel can is removed from the holder when you refill and this only takes 1 simple click which makes refuelling and oiling very easy.

As for the comment about fuel damaging the plastic, Aspen contains no solvents compared to normal fuel (35%) so this should not be a problem.

have a nice weekend!

Axel

keep one in the knee pocket of my trousers at all times.

sorry to derail, but what happened mate?

Ahh nothing exciting just a really badly scratched cornea, (eye lens)

I could'nt see as It was agony, on the first aid note, If I had a first aid kit close by (I should but did't) I could have washed it out and possibly saved a lot of pain and a trip to docs a few hours later after it got worse and worse

• 2 months later...

Had my Husky orange combi can 20 years, still going strong. I think the aspen one has a weak point ie the handle, that wont last a day in the woods. The first aid kit looks like it will fill up with water and wood chips so the contents even though packed will be dirty on the outside before you open them. Why would you want to take the carrying device apart (oil container and fuel) off just to pour fuel?

All I do it pick up my combi can and pour, same as I done for years. One of the best buys but lost the first one off the van :-(