Arbtalk exclusive Sneak Peak - New Aspen Combi can unit

Aspen@AAOIL

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This device isn't too everyone's liking but I feel you are being overly negative on something which is in fact a good idea.

Aspen, I may have met you at a previous APF and if your the guy I'm thinking of then you seemed like a very intelliigent person. You were the guy who did the demo with the bits of polystyrene dropped into regular unleaded then into Aspen, a great demo that speaks volumes about your product.

The first aid kit attached to a combi can is not a good idea, its a bad idea.

Forget about the first aid kit before you realise it was a bad idea and you've wasted money on it. No disrespect, but it's quite apparent that you have never worked day in/day out in the field of arboriculture, I could be wrong about that, but putting that first aid kit on that combi can is one of the worst ideas I've seen in a long time. It would get filthy and damaged in no time regardless of the bandages being sealed.

Every tree surgeon I work with carries a blood stopper or small first aid kit on them at all times, and a proper first aid kit is always on site. There is no need for the combi-can first aid kit.

The combi can on it's own without the first aid kit is an excellent idea, coincidently I am seriously considering moving to Aspen and would definitely buy the combi can device.

Sorry to sound harsh but that is my opinion.

I think that looking at it I would put my aspen into one of the combi cans already on the market, this just doesn't look that robust and it's not one piece like the ones out already. I think having a first aid kit by the fuel is a good idea although shouldn't it should be more protected against spillage should one occur as petrol could degrade the plastic sealed packets inside the kit?

And what are you thinking of in putting a first aid kit with a fuel/oil can! :laugh1::001_rolleyes:

It is hardly wise either at a chemical or hygiene level

Yup

Bio oil is a bacteria friendly environment (where mineral oil isn’t)

The kit would need to be a bit better protected than that soft case, you could put it in a clip lid container.

Well here is my 2pence worth, we work in remote locations and to be honest if my gaffer gave me that combi can I wouldn't be to impressed! I am sorry but the first aid kit doesn't look that big, I carry two blood stoppers in my pocket as do other lads and we have a pelicase firstaid kit at the RF point. It may mean carrying two items in to the RF point but i'd sooner do that and have comprehensive FA kit than a little one on a combi can,

Other points there doesn't seem to be an anti spill spout for the oil? and I am not sure from the pictures how the aspen can fixes to the handle arrangement. I get the overall impression that some one is trying to reinvent the wheel with this.

I am sorry but whats wrong with putting aspen in a standard combi can? I have allways used sthil cans with antispill spouts on both halves.

Having ended up in A&E last week I think any first aid kit any where is great, in forestry you often have a 10 min walk back to the van and a first aid kit at the refelling station is a great and not new Idea,

keep one in the knee pocket of my trousers at all times.

sorry to derail, but what happened mate?

Jezz get over your selves a guy shows his wears and all he gets is slated ???

Personally like the setup first aid kit on a fuel can isnt something i would have on the list of kit but if the pocket was plain no cross then you could just keep a spare chain etc in there or go with the idea keep you risky paper work with it, If it has a spill stop spout the surely there little chance of contaminating the first aid kit ?????

I the words of my hero

"why cant you say something rightches for a change woof woof "

Odd ball in kellys heros

Just wish i did enought personal work to make it worth buy the aspen products much preferr it to normal fuel :thumbup: